Fire Yourself Up (End of Mugen Train Arc)

"Don't die, Kyojuro," Akaza said.

Your eyes widen and your lips quiver as you stare at the back of Rengoku, seeing it tilted like he was about to collapse.

"You May fight tooth and claw but it's no use, Kyojuro. The splendid slash you landed on me already healed. But what about you?" Akaza listed, "Your left eye is crushed, shattered ribs, injured internal organs. They're beyond repair. If you were a demon, you'd heal in a blink of an eye."

While watching, Tanjiro struggles in your hold. "Tan-nii...! Don't move, you'll reopen your wound." You let him get off your hold but stopped him from going further in Rengoku's direction.

Ragged breaths left Rengoku before an aura of flames surrounded his figure, leaving Akaza in disbelief.

"Kyojuro, you..."

Rengoku raised his sword, "I... I will fulfill my duty! I won't let anyone here die!"

'Flame Breathing... Ultimate Skill...'

Akaza gasped, "What wonderful fighting spirit. Despite your injuries, such drive and force of will! That flawless stance" He laughed before yelling, "As I thought you gotta become a demon, Kyojuro! Let's keep fighting, together! Forever!"

'Fire yourself up. Push the limits. I am the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro!'

"Ninth Form. Hell fire!"

"Destructive Death - Annihilation Type!"

And with an explosion, Rengoku and Akaza collided with their attacks. A large smoke appeared around them and a strong gust of wind formed in the area.

You couldn't see them at all.

'Rengoku-san... Rengoku-san!' You repeated in your head. An uncomfortable feeling of tightness in your chest formed, the second the smoke around them begins to clear up.

What meets your view made your stomach drop. Akaza's fist impaled Rengoku's stomach.

You gasped, eyes widening and tears beginning to pour out. Putting your hands over your mouth as you tremble in disbelief. You couldn't speak, words caught in your throat.

"Ren...goku..." Tanjiro muttered in disbelief before letting out a pained cry.

"You'll die! You'll end up dead, Kyojuro!" Akaza yelled, "Become a demon! Say you'll become a demon! You are a strong chosen one!"

Rengoku didn't move. Frozen on the spot, shocked at his current position. Did he lose? Was it the end for him? His mind was in shambles, trying to find a way out of this situation.

Then, he heard his late mother's voice.

"Kyojuro."

"Yes, Mother!"

"Mother will ask you something now, and I want you to think carefully about your answer. Do you know why you were born stronger than others?"

"Ah...Uh... I don't know!"

"So that you can help the weak. Those who are born with greater talent than others must use their power for the sake of the world and its people. Helping the weak is the duty of those who are born strong. It is a mission that must be fulfilled responsibly. Don't forget that."

"Yes!"

She extended a hand, beckoning him to come close and embrace him.