Uzui Tengen (Start of Entertainment District)

"I can't, (Y/n). I will soon die."

Rengoku-san...

"I believe in your sister."

Rengoku-san...

"Fire yourself up."

Rengoku-san! Don't go!

***

"(Y/n)!"

A loud voice woke you from your sleep, your eyes sprung open only to see Tanjiro's face.

"Tan-nii?" You confusingly called as you recall how Shinobu advised him to rest for his wound to heal. "Why are dressed up? You need to rest more! Your wound hasn't fully healed yet."

"I'm fine now, (Y/n). I can move without it opening up anymore." Tanjiro reassured as he handed you your uniform and haori. "Now dress up because we'll be going somewhere, ok? I'll wait for you outside." He tugs the strap of Nezuko's box, adjusting it, before leaving the room.

***

"Tan-nii, I'm ready to go." After quickly dressing up, you hurried outside the Butterfly State, where you, Tanjiro, and your friends stayed to recover from any injuries. You noticed a crow on Tanjiro's shoulder before he noticed you.

"Mhm, let's go," Tanjiro said before the crow flew away from his shoulder. "Ah! W-wait!" Tanjiro grabbed your hand, tugging you along with him, "(Y/n), we're gonna chase after Rengoku-san's crow."

"Ok!" You glance at the crow above, seeing how it doesn't speed up but keeps a moderate pace for you to follow.

Slowly but surely, you and Tanjiro reached the entrance of Rengoku's place. "Urgh..." Tanjiro groans as he clutches his stomach which went unnoticed by you. "Tan-nii! This is why I said to rest more!" You support his weight by putting your arms around his shoulder.

"Thanks, (Y/n) but I'm alright now... Sorry." Tanjiro smiled before looking at the figure right at the entrance. His hair's striking yellow and red tips resembled the late Flame Hahira, "Senjuro-san?"

'Senjuro? Oh, Rengoku-san's young brother... He looks so tired and down.' You sadly thought before you and Tanjiro walked closer to him.

"Have you heard of Rengoku Kyoujuro-san's passing?" Tanjiro asked, "Kyojuro-san left some parting words with us, for his father and Senjuro-san. We've come to pass them on."

"He did? We've already heard of his passing." Senjuro replied before interrupting, "Um...! Are you alright? You look deadly pale!"

"Tan-nii..." You said in a worried tone.

"Quit it!" A sudden loud voice interrupted the conversation, making the three of you look at the middle-aged man holding a bottle of sake. "No doubt he said nothing but pointless prattle!" His fiery yellow and red hair told you his relation with Kyojuro. "He didn't have much in the way of talent, that's why he died. What nonsense!" He continues to badmouth, "He was fool of a son, that Kyojuro!"

You stand in disbelief, 'How could he insult his son like that!'

"A man's abilities are set in stone from the moment he's born. Only a small handful have real talent, the rest are just riffraff. Utterly worthless garbage!" He drinks his sake, "That goes for Kyojuro, too. He had no real talent. Of course, he'd die."