Chapter IV: Awfully Great Couple

"Do you think my life is finally turning around?" Y/n asked Moonbin who was busy cuddling with Eunwoo. Y/n was tired of being third wheel and watching them being lovey dovey with each other, it made her sick to the core.

"Does getting hit in the face with a soccer ball by your crushes mean it's turning around? If it does then sure." Moonbin shrugged.

"Oh?" Eunwoo raised his brow, "Y/n finally got the courage to talk to her crushes?"

"Kind of," Y/n sighed. "I'm not sure talking is the right way to label this, more like small conversations."

"Well at least you're gaining some process, right?" Moonbin says.

"True, but still, I don't feel content like this." Y/n said as she turned the pen in her fingers.

"Well," Eunwoo says, "Why not try to stand out more? I'm sure that would bring their attention towards you. Plus, you're pretty skilled in a couple of different fields so there's lots to show off."

Y/n shook her head, "You know I hate to show attention, especially just to get someone to notice me. I know that I have a lot of different stuff that I'm pretty good in- mostly because of my parents, but it's not like that'll attract their attention. This school is literally made for talented people, I don't think I would have enough confidence to try doing something like that nor have the ability to pull it off in front of them."

"Look here Y/n, you're just being insecure now. The Y/n I know loves to show what she got and make lots of friends because of that, you're literally a social butterfly who is charming and charismatic at the same time. Just flaunt a bit of your skills more and I'm sure they'll see it." Moonbin encourages her.

Y/n couldn't help but smile a little at the praises, "I never thought you would praise me like that, you should really do it more."

"Does that mean you'll at least try?" Moonbin asks.

"Yea, I'll try but how?"

"Oh, I know!" Eunwoo perks up. "There's a music contest that's going to be held next week, you can still sign up right now but you have to do it quickly before the last few places are filled up. I'm sure during that contest you could show off some of your musical skills to them."

"Hm, I could do that." Y/n smiled a little, imaging herself on stage. It had been quite a long time since she performed on stage again, not after what happened before she hadn't tried anything like that anymore. She might have gotten over her trauma by now.

"So you're going to sign up?" Moonbin asked.

"Yea,"

"Are you sure? Will your trauma affect you?" Moonbin knew about what happened to Y/n, he was the few that she actually spoke to about it. That's why he was always protective of her around others, especially those who reminded Y/n of her.

Y/n shook her head, "I need to get it over with one way or another, right?"

Moonbin nodded, "Alright, well you better prepare for the day because it's right around the corner."

"I know but don't expect to much,"

"I'll expect how much I think Y/n could pull off and it's a lot," Moonbin smirkes.

"Whatever,"

(A/N: Just a small fun chapter to see a hint of what happens on the next chapter. I'll try to stretch my braincells and try to think up something that would help the chapters move forward. I want to make each chapter contribute to the plot and not just make it meaningless.

This chapter was just my sad excuse to fill in my gap of not updating ig. Also thanks a lot for the 100+ views, we're getting close to 200 with only 3 and 1/4 chapter lmfao)