Chapter V: Love Songs

Preparing for the contest was harder than what Y/n thought it out to be. She had imagined singing a type of cliché love song but later she thought that it was too generic. She wanted something deep, something that could tell a story and touch everyone, not just them.

Y/n had started to discuss things with her sister, Ryujin, about it since she was quite experienced with relationships.

"Still stuck?" Ryujin enters Y/n's room as she places down a tray that had a cup of juice and a piece of cake from the nearby bakery.

"Thanks," Y/n takes a bite of the strawberry cake.

Ryujin glances over at Y/n's laptop which had a list of songs written on it. It seemed to her that Y/n had finally started narrowing down to which song she wanted to showcase her skills on.

"Looks like you've started deciding," Ryujin notes as she plops down on the edge of Y/n's bed.

"Well, kind of. I thought it would be best to list the possible songs I'd sang but now it's hard to eliminate any since I chose the ones I really liked." Y/n sighs, looking back at her laptop.

"Well," Ryujin looks at the laptop, "why not try each of them out, just a verse or two from each song to see how it feels to you?"

"Good idea, thanks unnie." Y/n smiles.

"No problem," Ryujin pats Y/n's shoulder. "I'll be going now, Yeji is waiting for me outside."

"Good luck on your date! Fighting!"

"Thanks," Ryujin smiles before closing the door gently behind her.

Y/n sighs, looking back at her laptop. "Alright, let's start working,"

.

.

.

Moonbin walks into the classroom and sees Y/n writing something in her notebook. Her eyes seemed to be staring at something with the most intensity that Moonbin had never seen from her during all these years of being her best friend, but he couldn't make out why she was staring at her notebook so weirdly.

"Hey, whatchu writing?" Moonbin takes an empty chair and places it in-front of Y/n's desk, sitting himself down comfortably before looking down at Y/n's notebook.

"My list of the songs I might sing during the contest, I have narrowed it down to these three," Y/n mumbles, looking at the names of the three songs intensely, wondering which one would give her the golden prize.

Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms (HIGH4 and IU)

Love Poem (IU)

Bambi (Baekhyun)

"Oooh, good choices, I got to give you props for that," Moonbin whistles.

"Yes, but now I'm stuck on which one I should use." Y/n sighs with annoyance.

"Well each of these songs give out different messages, why not start from that?" Moonbin suggests.

Y/n nods. "Hm, good idea, I should dive further into it then."

.

.

.

Music Room...

"Where is the melody coming from? They always play the trending kinds of music but today they changed it,"

"This melody seems familiar, I wonder what song it's from..."

"Oh, a ballad, finally something new!"

"Is it IU?"

Students passed the closed music room in curiosity because of the strangely familiar melody playing from inside.