Chapter 2 - The Kim's Coffee House

The Kim's Coffee House has a minimalist and green theme, where Jin put a lot of potted tropical plants in almost every corner, hung some luscious vines on the wall, and built several wooden racks to place other potted greenery

The Kim's Coffee House has a minimalist and green theme, where Jin put a lot of potted tropical plants in almost every corner, hung some luscious vines on the wall, and built several wooden racks to place other potted greenery. Not too crowded, though. Just enough to make it look fresh and nice. This cafe had tall glass windows to let a lot of natural light shine through in the daytime and help the plants to photosynthesize and live happy and healthily.

Jin chose wooden tables, chairs, and cozy sofas in nude colors, which varied between beige, tan, cream, taupe, and brown. He then arranged them artistically across the room. The color scheme made the atmosphere look warm and cozy, the kind of vibe Jin after.

.

It was 02:36 p.m, already past the lunch hour, meaning: not many customers were left in Kim's Coffee House. That was when Kim Taehyung walked in. This is the first time he came during the day. He usually dropped by when the cafe was almost closed.

The first time was when he was on his way home and felt cold. He accidentally saw this cafe and decided to go in and order hot cocoa. At first, he wanted to order to take home, but then canceled it when he saw the man sitting behind the counter. A very gorgeous man! So, he decided to stay instead.

The second time was intentional, because he wanted to see that man again. He came here right after he had met a potential client, Mr. Kim Namjoon, who offered him a new project. The third one was also intentional. He stopped by after his night jog in a city park nearby.

Taehyung walked up to the counter. There were three people standing behind it, ready to take his orders, but Tae walked towards Jin on the far right instead.

"Hi Jin," he smiled. "Can I have—-"

"Hot cocoa and a strawberry cake?" Jin guessed, making Taehyung grin in satisfaction.

"So you notice me after all," he said in a lower tone.

"So, you want to be noticed?" Jin asked, a bit surprised. Taehyung smiled but didn't confirm nor deny anything.

"I'll have hot cocoa and a lemon meringue cake."

"You don't want to try our specialty?"

"What is it?"

"Coffee, of course. We imported the beans directly from Indonesia and Brazil."

"I'm sorry, I don't really drink coffee...."

"I figured." Jin smiled. "Well then, hot cocoa it is."

"Thanks!" He paid and went to the exact same spot like always.

***

**

At 02:55 Jin saw a tall man in a fitted gray suit and black shades entering the cafe. If you judge him by his muscular build and his toned body, you won't be surprised if he were a bodyguard or some sort, Jin thought. That "bodyguard" opened his shades and scanned the room and saw the hot-cocoa guy on the corner table, standing and waving at him.