Chapter 10 - Reminiscent

Taehyung had been calling and texting Jin since afternoon, asking how and where is he, but the calls went straight to his mailbox and the texts got no reply, of course. At 8 p.m his patience was running low, so he went to the cafe to find him himself.

"Is Jin here?" Taehyung barged in and asked Jungkook who was standing behind the counter.

Jungkook looked dumbfounded. "... No. He wasn't here when I came this afternoon. Do-yun, where's Jin Hyung?" he then asked the boy next to him.

"Hyungnim went out with a guy at lunchtime and hasn't come back since." Do-yun looked at Taehyung. Taehyung knew Jin went away with Hoseok, but he thought Jin was already back.

He hastily dialed Hoseok number. "Hi, Sunbaenim, I'm sorry if I bother you, but are you still with Jin?"

"No. He went home after we talked, about 4 p.m this afternoon. Hasn't he come back yet?"

"No... Not yet... Thank you then, Sunbae—-"

"Taehyung!"

"Yes?"

"Give him some time. He might need some time to process the news I just told him."

"What news, Sunbae?"

"Let's not talk about it on the phone, huh? I'll spare some time if you want to know about it."

"Okay, then. Thank you Sunbaenim." Taehyung closed the phone and turned his head to Jungkook who was apparently calling Jin.

"It goes straight to his mailbox!" he said, starting to worry.

"What's your apartment number?" Taehyung demanded.

"Building B, 3-02."

"Give me your phone number. I might need to call you later." Jungkook gave him his number and then saved Taehyung's.

.

Taehyung sprinted to Jin's apartment, hoping to find him there. He knocked on the door impatiently. No answer. Knocked again.

And again....

And again.

He sat on the floor and waited for about 30 minutes more, but still nobody answered nor opened the door. And no one came home either. His head drooped down and his shoulders slumped.

Taehyung dialed Jungkook's number. "He's not here."

"I called my mum earlier, but he's not home either."

"Do you know where else he might go?"

"......... I'll call some friends. I'll call you again later."

"Okay," Taehyung answered weakly. He got up and walked back to his apartment. There was nothing he could do now but wait. All the texts were sent but they hadn't been seen yet.

- Jin...
- Please answer

Sent at 9:37 PM

- Where are you?

Sent at 9:50 PM

- Are you okay?

Sent at 10:12 PM

- Baby please! I'm worried

Sent at 10:29 PM

- Baby....

Sent at 10:48 PM

- Jin please
- Baby...
Baby answer me
Baby....
Please...
Baby...