Ch. 9

What they saw put them in disbelief. There in the centre of the mini-library in Riddle's chambers. Riddle was reading a book with MC together. Some historical books and Riddle was teaching MC the history of Twisted Wonderland and the Rose Kingdom in detail as she was curious. In the end, they had forgotten about the things Riddle wanted to be moved and didn't notice the four peak through till Ace fell over while trying to see opening the door widely. 

Both Riddle and MC got up in surprise. "Ace?!" Riddle asked in shock and looked up to see the rest of them and crosses his arms. "What are you doing here spying?!" He exclaimed in which Ace and Deuce gulped, before one of them were about to talk, Trey butted in front of them and smiles "Apologies Riddle, we were just wondering where MC had gone too and were worried as we couldn't find her" He said truthfully. 

Riddle sighed "Well she's fine, she was helping me out with something earlier and I ended up teaching her about The Kingdom's history and about Twisted Wonderland so she's more aware of the place". Riddle spoke in a calm voice "So you don't need to worry about anything". The four looked at MC irresolutely as they were unsure and she nodded agreeing with Riddle. "Don't worry about me, I'm sorry I made you all worry" she said sincerely in which they sighed in relief. 

"Then we'll be going back to our jobs then, sorry for interrupting you two~" Cater said not wanting to make Riddle upset by dragging MC away. The rest agreed, all ready to leave as MC stopped them "Oh actually I'll go with you, I should carry on helping anyway" She said looking from the four to Riddle "I don't want to keep you, I'm sure you have things to do, but thank you for going over the history of this place so I'm not so clueless, it's been helpful" she said cheerfully making Riddle smile as he nodded. "Alright then" He quickly replied as he watched the five walk out of his chambers, shutting the massive doors closed.

He gritted his teeth and kicked some books now releasing his anger the second they had gone. He looked up to the door, glaring with a look that was meant to kill. He didn't want MC to go. He wanted her to stay with him longer. Maybe much longer than before. And he was going to do whatever he could, so he could get his way. 

After they'd left the chambers, Trey took them to a more isolated part of the palace in which he sighed "Please try not to go to his chambers again, or if you do at least with one of us" He said to MC as the rest nodded. MC raised an eyebrow "But why? It's not like I'm going to be harmed by going in there" She replied back "You've just kept giving me warnings with no explanation, and yes maybe I did go in without you knowing, luckily Riddle didn't tell me off and let me help him, but I don't see anything wrong with it!" She exclaimed but then sighs. 

"MC honey, it's not that we don't trust you, it's just...Riddle can get a bit- Well, hard to deal with at times, we don't want him impacting your stay here, you see?". MC still didn't get it, she didn't get why they were warning her when being around Riddle. He was a nice person and so far hasn't done anything wrong. She understood they knew Riddle for much longer and that she has only stayed here for a few days, but she was still unsure about their warnings. Besides, aren't they Riddle's soldiers who work under him? They'd be breaking the rules if warning her will somehow upset Riddle or go against one of the 810 rules. But she didn't know Riddle as much as they did, who knows what more there is to know about him that she's unaware of. 

So she just decided to carry on with the rest of her day, in her thoughts about what could be so worrying that they're anxious about her being around Riddle. She became curiouser and curiouser the more she thought about it. She knew she shouldn't be thinking about it, who knows where it would lead, like the odd dream she had as being in Riddle's Chambers joining in the party. What if that was real? Impossible. It couldn't be. But her mind dwelt on it. 

"I guess there's only one way to find out- I'll go to look around"