Ch. 12

MC woke. She observed her surroundings in the unfamiliar room. Whose room was this? She didn't believe she'd seen it before. The covers were so warm and cosy. Like an eternal blanket, she could just snuggle herself into. She didn't want to leave the bed but knew she probably had to. From laying down she turned to see what she could see or try to notice from the room. The bed itself was rather grand and had red drape curtains on the sides but not huge ones to cover the full bed, but open enough to let in the sunlight shine through. The actual bed covers were a red and white patterned shade filled with laced heart patterns throughout. The walls were white with different paintings and pictures across, mirrors and card decorations of all sorts. Nothing specially styled to hint it's owned by a specific person. On one of the sides was a huge desk filled with books and papers, and that's when she noticed by the closet, hanging by one of the pegs, was the dorm crown Riddle wore. That's what made it click for her whose room and bed she had slept in the whole night. 

'But what? How?' She couldn't remember getting into the bed, just watching over Riddle until it went blank, guessing she had gone to sleep at that point. That's when all this time, she didn't realise the most obvious clue was right next to her. Turning her head and body to the side, she saw Riddle sleeping peacefully right next to her. His face was as pure and innocent as an ordinary schoolboy. His bright red strawberry hair laying against his face. MC still didn't believe this person could be the same as the one she had seen the night more. It was like he had two different sides to himself, or were two different people entirely. She somehow smiled seeing him so peaceful, it oddly made her happy.

She couldn't stay here. After confirming her suspicions. She knew she had to leave. No matter how much it ended up troubling everyone, it was the safest option. No matter how much she wanted to get to know everyone better, she knew it was for the best. It was not like she was even from this world in the beginning. Just as she was about to move to get up silently, she felt Riddle's hand pull her close, for he had fallen asleep right next to her he would sense the movement from her. 

And so it was. MC stuck by a sleepy Riddle hugging her. It made her blush and it was sweet and nice, but they hadn't even known each other for that long, let alone the situation itself was odd. Why her? She tried her best to escape his grasp but couldn't, with every attempt, Riddle clutched her even closer, like a possession he owned. 

It wasn't till after a while he had woken up and he himself realised what he was doing. Riddle jumped back in shock and blushed. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that-" His reaction and everything about him was the complete opposite to before. Even though he had apologised repeatedly, MC kept saying it was fine and how it was her fault for falling asleep, acting as though she had no clue what had even happened. And she most definitely wasn't going to confirm it with him now. And with that, she left the room and went off with her day acting as though nothing had happened, mentioning it to no one.

She passed Riddle a few times but every time their eyes met he would turn away in a blush remembering the little thing which happened and act normal. Trey and Cater had noticed something was up with Riddle and talked about it with the rest of them. "Is it me or does Riddle seem a bit flustered? Did something happen I don't know about?~" Cater questioned Trey, thinking he'd know. "I honestly have no clue for this one, it's much of a shock to you as it is with me at any rate" Trey replied.

"Think he's found himself a lover or somethin'?" Ace asked, "There are rumours people saw a woman leaving his chambers, but no one recognised her, others are just suspecting it was a maid who was on duty, but no one's too sure". 

MC raised an eyebrow at Ace "You seem to have all the tea more than Cater at this point" she said in which he grinned proudly "I mean of course! I'm that amazing" in which Deuce elbowed him "Cut it out Ace, it's bad to talk rumours about Riddle!" he exclaimed in which Ace just rolled his eyes.

"I mean~ For once this is interesting" Cater replied "No wonder there's so many talking about it". MC didn't know what to say at risk they would catch her out. "Why's that?" She simply asked, curiously. "Well he's Riddle? People'd expect him to date anyone last, even after the kid who's training to be the palace baker!" Cater exclaimed "Riddle's as bad to romance as a bug, he's never dated, never gone on a date, never had feelings for anyone, never kissed etc". This made MC's eyes widen. After confirming her suspicions, how could that be true?! All four of them also know those are lies, but probably have to hide it for the sake of Riddle's mental state. MC replied "Ohh, that makes sense considering his character, he'd be the last person I'd expect to kiss someone. Second to Deuce that is" adding on as a joke making them all laugh and Deuce get annoyed at the comment, ready to prove otherwise