Ch. 13

MC carried on with her day, just trying to avoid Riddle as much as possible considering the rumours, luckily no one noticed as they were caught up with their own jobs. Even at lunch and dinner avoided Riddle by sitiing farthest away from him.

"So Riddleeee~" Cater said cheery towards Riddle at the head of the table. Riddle looked at Cater with a raised everybrow questioning what was up with the sudden mood "Yes?" he replied in the end. "So rumours have told us you've got a lover who left early this morning" Cater said with no hesitation which made Riddle spit out the drink he was drinking onto Ace who was next to him and coughed to calm himself. "What rumours?!!" He said suddenly wanting to know "And no!- No one was with me last night!!" he added, but quickly looked at MC suddenly and back again so no one would notice. At the same time MC was incidentally looking at him and their eyes met. She saw a hint of regret from his words, as if he had an urge to say otherwise but kept quiet about it. 

Cater frowned and Ace got upset with having Riddle's drink now spilled on his clothes "Ey! What's that sudden question for Cater?! Now you got all my clothes wet with that drink" Ace said rolling his eyes and crossing his arms as Cater just smiled and replied to Riddle "Aww, I was hoping it was true~ Some tea would be nice to get a mood going around" and frowned in a acting way which got Riddle riled up as he stood up. "Cater can you not?! I don't have time for such silly things, get it out of your head!" and sat back down sighing. 

It's what Ace said next which got MC in a little of shock. "But what about those parties?" He said which also made Riddle jump. It seemed everyone else at the dinner room and hall had also heard what Ace said making the whole room tense and suddenly quiet. MC realised what was happening but acted as though she didn't not to get caught "What parties Ace?" she said raising an eyebrow. "There are no parties." Riddle said as he slammed his hands on the table and stood up "I don't know what's in that head of yours Ace, but unless you mean the tea parties, I have no clue what you're talking about. Now if you excuse me, I've lost my appetite, you all carry on" He said as he then left making the room all in a chatter with the situation. Once he left the room Cater instantly asked Ace "Ace? Why would you ask that?!! Are you stupid?". Ace just rolled his eyes "Everyone knows so what's the point hiding it?" In which everyone looked to MC. 

"Uh- I don't..?" She said to Ace. Trey just sighed "Guys, lets talk about this later shall we?" In they all agreed and said to MC they'd talk about it after dinner. After dinner they started to go back to their rooms. Trey stopped MC when they went inside "MC, about all this it's a complicated matter and I'm sure you're confused and judging whether to trust us at this point, but considering everything I think you ought to know the truth, so you can come in and listen to it if you want, if not another day" 

MC gasped, at the same time the rest of them also waited and nodded sincerely to tell her they mean it. She nodded but in a surprise said "How about you tell me tomorrow when we're all well rested? We all had a well- Odd dinner and I think more would make things tense. So tell me tomorrow" and nodded saying goodbye and going to her room.

She walked the halls as if she were drifted along the passageways. Instead of taking a turn to where her room was, she headed straight to Riddle's room. It was odd to her she wanted to check if he was okay, despite everything she's learnt so far. She couldn't explain it. MC rushed through and saw the guards outside his door had somehow fallen asleep. MC found it odd but didn't care as she ran inside to find Riddle. With each step she ran faster inside to where his bedroom was. 

She gulped as she took the delicate handle and turned it open. Inside she saw Riddle laying against the window looking outside. He turned in a dash "Who's come-" and paused seeing MC. "MC- What're you doing here? How'd you get passed the guards?! You shouldn't-" and was stopped by MC who gave him a surprisingly instant hug.