Get. Out. Of. My. Body! -Chapter 4

Notes

The Bolded letters are them speaking inside their heads and the Bolded Italicized are thoughts. Enjoy!

---

"What do you mean, how am I awake?"  Tim responded angrily. Danny's eyes were still wide at the realization that he could HEAR the vigilante inside his head.

Danny looked up at the air in front of him, it felt better to focus on something when talking out loud. "I mean, this has never happened before. Normally people are asleep when they are overshadowed... It's to make it easier to control the body." Danny grimaced. He really hated overshadowing.

Danny, surprisingly, could feel a slight bit of anger and maybe a little fear coming from his body that was not his own. "Get out of my body!"

Danny bit his —Red Robin's— lip in a form of habit. He slowly pulled one leg out from under the other and lifted himself up. "Okay, look man, this wasn't supposed to happen. And it will only be for a few minutes until I can get out of here."

"Why do you have to hijack my body to do it?" Danny could hear the slight growl in Red's voice.

Danny rubbed the back of his neck as he stood fully upright. "I don't really have much of a choice here! If it were up to me I wouldn't be overshadowing anyone, but this is my only way out. Because for some reason I can't phase out of this damn cave!"

"Get. Out. Of. My. Body!"

Danny sighed. "Only a minute. I'll phase out of you and you won't remember a thing. Or at least you shouldn't." Danny put his now black-gloved hand to his chin.

Danny sensed the rising panic coming from the boy's body. 'Will I lose everything?'

The ghost's eyes widened. He wasn't sure if the boy was just thinking to himself or if that was a question directed at Danny. "No, just the time while I am in your body. Not all of your memories." He tried to reassure the teen. "And I can't access your memories from here either so you don't have to worry about your family or any traumatic and personal experiences that I might see. Let's make this as quick and painless as possible." Red just got more panicked, making Danny sigh.

Danny's eyes caught onto something in the corner of his vision, his eyes flicked to the side to notice a bunch of ecto-weapons on the other side of the bat-computer, as well as his belt and own weapons. He didn't even realize they had taken them off of him. He turned and walked over to the shelf.

)-(

Tim was starting to panic a little bit. Only a little bit! Okay, so there was a ghost inside his head. Well, head, body, and mind. This was bad. He had also let himself be controlled, Batman would be disappointed in him. But apparently, the ghost, or Phantom as he called himself, was surprised at the fact that Tim was awake? During this. And apparently, this isn't normal and he had caught the ghost by surprise, The former Robin counted that as a win in his book.

Tim was sentient, he could also see everything around him as if it were his own eyes. Maybe it was slightly hazy and the sounds around him were a little off but besides that, it just felt like he had been disoriented a little. That wasn't too bad. The worst part was that he could feel his own body moving; he could feel his weight, and the ground below him. But he felt disconnected.

The ghost had reassured him a couple times already that this would only be for a few minutes and that it wouldn't hurt him, that the ghost doesn't want to hurt him. But that doesn't mean that Tim won't stop fighting. But so far, fighting back mentally had been a lost cause. Nothing was working. All of his training for nothing.