chapter 1- beating

CASSIE P.O.V.

I open my eyes and see the sunlight shining in my eyes which makes me slam my eyes back shut and flinch, i hiss out in pain from last nights beating. I can feel something a little heavy on my chest and when I look down I see my little brother keaton fast asleep on my chest.

Tears come to my eyes as I felt helpless. I so badly wanted to give my little brother the best life possible. I didnt want him to have to fear that if myself or if he did something wrong we would be in trouble I hate that I feel so helpless. He keeps me going. He gives me hope and I will do anything and I mean anything for him.  I love him as if was my own pup. In fact I look at him like he my pup and so does my wolf faith.  I know I dont have to worry about if my mate will look after him with me or accept him to be apart of us and help bring him up as if he was our own pup because i know i dont have a mate and if I do I know I will be rejected. Just like father said last night and every other night that he has ever given me a beating.

                              Flashback

I was in the kitchen making fathers tea, like I do every night. This night was different though. I was running late and I was moving around the kitchen as fast as I could but from this morning beating because I accidently knocked down a plant that was on the kitchen side and it woke him up, I was finding it hard to breathe and move so fast because my ribs was killing me and my wrist felt like it was on fire.

I was nearly finished cooking fathers food when the front door slammed open. My heart started pounding out my chest and I'm sure he could smell my fear from the other side of the house. I started shaking. I knew I was in trouble because I hadn't gotten his tea ready in time. The only reason I was so late is because he knocked me unconscious for however many hours and by the time I regained consciousness I had to bolt up and get myself and keaton ready to go and run as fast as we could to the grocery store to get what I needed to make him his food and then i had to get back and make it and doing all that whilst your head is pounding, you keep going dizzy and your struggling to breathe from your really badly bruised ribs is not  ideal.

I could smell his disgusting scent mixed with bear and cigarettes. I knew he was drunk I was just hoping he was to drunk to even be able to do anything. But luck off course wasnt on my side.

He came charging in to the kitchen and I gulped nervously.

"WHERE IS MY FOOD"!!! he snarled at me and I was shaking like a wet leaf. I was terrified.

Its n not ready yet I'm so sorry I will be as quick as I can it's nearly done. I stuttered out. I could hear my heart beating wildly in my chest and my ears were ringing loudly.

"YOU WORTHLESS PEACE OF SHIT, YOU CANT EVEN GET MY DINNER ON TIME. YOU ARE A STUPID BITCH WHO DESERVES NOTHING IN LIFE. YOU GOT YOUR MOTHER, MY MATE KILLED YOU WEAK BITCH. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU THAT DIED NOT MY KASSANDRA. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A MATE BECAUSE EVEN THE MOONGODESS WOULDNT BE SO CRUEL TO PUT YOU WITH SOMEONE ON THIS PLANET. AND IF SHE DID HE WOULD ONLY REJECT A USLESS BITCH LIKE YOU ANYWAY!!"

He charged towards me and before I could even blink his hand was wrapped around my hair and he threw me into the wall. I tried to stand up and run but I couldn't move. Not only could I hardly move from the pain but I couldn't move because I was just frozen in fear. You would think I'm use to it by now and I am. But it doesnt mean it hurts less.

Bringing me back from my frozen state he grabbed hold of my wrist and put it on the oven stove and I screamed out in pain. I wanted  to scream and shout and beg him to stop but I knew better. It would only make it worse. And keaton was upstairs finishing his homework and I didnt want him to hear what was going on all though I think he already knew. But I made him promise me that if he ever heard anything going on when I'm not with him to never come out the room and to hide.

After what felt like hours of him beating me he let me go and walked away to who knows where. I stayed there on the floor curled up in a ball and cried my eyes out. I wanted all the pain to stop but I had to get through this for Keaton. I love him with all my heart.

Keaton was what kept me going. I looked at him like my own pup and I would do anything for him. He does online school without " father" if he should even be called that as he doesnt deserve that name but anyways he doesnt know that keaton does online school and hopefully never will know.

Me thinking about Keaton made me realise that he is most likely scared and worried and that I need to go and make sure he is okay. I stand up as fast but slow as I can with my whole body aching and I make my way to the stairs. Crawling up the stairs I finally make it to mine and Keaton's bedroom. Once inside I call out for Keaton.

"Keaton it's okay baby you can come out now" I said it so quietly I wasnt even sure if he heard me. But he did.

He cried in my chest and we got in bed together and cuddled. He fell asleep on me. But it took my longer to fall asleep. Alls I could think about is me and keaton have got to leave soon. I'm scared he will start going after keaton soon. Even though we made a deal that he doesnt touch keaton I dont know if he will stick to it. His anger just seems to be getting worse and worse. For years I thought maybe he will realise what he Is doing to his own pups one day. But I now know that he wont stop even if he kills us he doesnt care. He might as well be a rogue it's like there is no human left in him. when I think about it if I didnt have a wolf and we wasnt able to heal quicker then humans I would be dead by now.

I nust really hope that I can take keaton away from all this. I'm just scared that if we was to run and he found us I'm scared I would make it so much worse and that he really would hurt Keaton.