Chapter 34-Meg

Meg

I wake groggily in a strange place.  I push the comforter off of me and observe my luggage set aside out of the way.  I look around and see a closet and dresser but no bathroom.  I step out and immediately notice a door opened.  I step in there and flip on the switch.  I close the door and do my business.  I come out and immediately go back to bed, falling asleep instantly. 
I feel a shake on my shoulder and I slap Mikey away.  "Go back to bed Mikey," I tell him in a daze. 
I hear a chuckle.  "Are you hungry, love?" Jai asks. 
I raise my head in confusion.  "Where's Mikey?" I question. 
"You're in Australia, love," he tells me.  I look to him and see him grinning. "You want some tucker?  I ordered us something."
I yawn and stretch.  "Alright.  I'm up," I reply attempting to push the coverlet off but somehow I get my feet caught. 
"Let me help you, love," he says laughing lightly. 
I feel him untangling my feet from the blankets.  He helps me to stand. 
"You're worse off than I am," he comments. 
"I didn't sleep much on the flight," I tell him. 
"That would be why then," he says. 
He assists me to walk out of the room. We sit down at a table and I eat the food but can't finish it.
"I'm putting this in the fridge. If you wake up, warm it up or eat it cold. Whatever you want, love," he says. I nod.
"Are you awake or tired?" he asks.
"Tired," I mumble.
He takes me back to bed and lays me down. I hear him telling me something but it sounds muffled. Sounds are distorted and my sight is blurry. I feel a kiss to my lips and then silence.

*****

I wake up to darkness and I'm completely alert. I move the blankets off and go to the bathroom. Now that I see it, this bathroom is beautiful and extremely modern. There's a soaker tub and a large separate shower with glass all around. Most everything in here is white—the tub, the cabinetry, the toilet—with the exception of the glass in the shower which is green tinted.  The wall is a light cream shade with tan colored tiled flooring. All of the fixtures are stainless. I finish up and step out to the bedroom.
The comforter in here is white and the flooring is made up of dark cherrywood planks. The walls are an ivory shade with floor to ceiling curtains. I pull them back to see that it must be the middle of the night. I'm honestly not sure of what to do with myself now.
I decide that I need a shower and to brush my teeth more than food currently. I dig through my bag and find my phone to check the time. It's dead. I grab my charger and look for an outlet. "Those look like outlets for stoves and dryers," I mumble to myself when I find one. I set my dead phone and cord beside the bed on the nightstand. I grab my toiletries and a change of comfortable clothes before I stride to the bathroom for a shower.
I start it up and this is nice. The tile flooring is exactly the same as the rest of the bathroom and it even goes up along the wall in the shower. I wash up quickly and realize I didn't grab a towel. There's one on a bar for drying hands and I don't see another one so that'll have to do. I dry off and wrap my hair up. I get dressed quickly and comb out my hair looking for more towels. I find a few supplies in the vanity but not towels. I step out of the bathroom and there's a linen closet in the hallway. I grab out a towel for next time in case I'm drowsy and forget. I squeeze my hair out a little more and hang up the towel.
I pad through his house quietly. It's very modern-looking. I find his bedroom since he left the door open. He's currently laying in bed. It's very similar to mine except his comforter and bedding are black instead of white. The bed is a little bigger, the whole room is for that matter. I can see a doorway to an attached en-suite. I don't bother him, though, and search around for the kitchen. I hazily remember food and a table. I step into the kitchen and realize that was a peninsula, not a table. There are grey cabinets on one side and ivory on the other. I see grey barstools pulled up to the tan stone countertop. There's a stainless cooktop on one counter and a built in oven on the wall with the ivory cabinets. I don't see a refrigerator. I walk up and pull a cabinet door to see he's got the high end cabinets with the cabinet doors on the front of the fridge. It's a four door unit—two on top, two on bottom. I look through some take out packages. There's several in here and I wonder how long I've been asleep—possibly, what day is it?
I see a clock and it says 2:13 am. I sigh and pick out something. I think I ate half of this before. I walk over to what I'm hoping is a microwave and pray that it's not one of those combination units my Australian friends in Japan had because the oven and microwave settings were difficult to figure out. They still had to check the manual every time they used it. I stick it in and press the one minute setting. It works. I see no fire, no sparks, no burnt packaging. I sigh when it goes off. I look around in his drawers for a fork, finding them next to the sink base.  I sit down at the peninsula to eat what's left. It's good. I have no idea what it is but I'm enjoying it. I feel gentle arms wrap around me and a kiss to my neck.
"I'm so glad you're finally awake," Jai whispers.
"What day is it?" I ask.
"Wednesday... no, Thursday," he says.
"You can't even keep them straight?" I laugh putting a bite of food in my mouth.
"I've missed you," he says kissing me but I refuse to open my mouth. "What's the matter, love?" he asks frowning.
"I'm still chewing," I laugh covering my mouth.
He grins.
"I should probably eat and go back to bed," he says.
"Why are you up?" I ask.
"Because I heard you," he replies nuzzling me lovingly.
He warms up something and sits beside me. He pulls me closer to him and wraps an arm around me while he eats. I poke a bite from his plate and he moves it closer for me to take some more. I smile and do so. We finish eating and he tosses everything but the utensils in the trash. He comes back over and kisses me.
"I thought you were tired?" I laugh in surprise as he moves to my neck.
He hums a reply but he's still kissing me. I feel a warning in my heart and I peck his cheek and move away.
"Go back to bed," I tell him even though I'm awake.
He sighs shakily.
"Alright, love," he replies.
He kisses me gently once more and follows what I said. I stand around and explore his house a little more. The living room walls look to be all glass. I pull a curtain to see that he has a pool. I close it back up. He's got the same wood flooring in here as the bedrooms. The bathroom and kitchen flooring are those huge tiles. His sofa is an L shaped modern unit and looks to be white leather. He's got two artistic looking chairs—I'm not sure if they're maroon or red since it's dark. There's a large screen tv on the wall and a console below it probably for storage. He's got a glass dining table with matching grey chairs to the barstools except these aren't as tall but they're high backed. There is a row of stainless pendant lights hanging from the ceiling above his table.
I sigh and debate on going swimming or just lounging in bed. I decide to go back to bed and try to get on a more normal schedule.