Chapter 116-Jai

I'm on the lounge chatting with my mates and rellies. I can't believe they actually came here to spend the week with us before the wedding. At first, I thought they'd need the time to recover from all the traveling but they seem alright—much like Meg and me on the last trip.
Dad is watching a prerecorded rugby match from during their flight—the South Sydney Rabbitohs vs the Brisbane Broncos. Damo and Bran are really getting into it but the Rabbitohs are their biggest rival. They're hoping they lose but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.
There's a commercial break and I see Damo examining the room. As soon as we stepped in, his eyes were on the telly. 
"What made you two laugh so much?" he asks me and I can't help but break into a fit of giggles at the thought.
When I calm down, I answer, "I think you were way off. You thought she wouldn't stick with me and it was no problem."
He looks confused.
"Just had to capture that moment forever," Johnno guffaws clearly understanding my meaning. He was there when Damo said that the moment I cut loose in front of her, she'd be out the door. I was relaxed, though. He was right that it'd happen at moment I was so comfortable with her. Johnno fills Ollie in and he's laughing, too.
"We were in the midst of a photo shoot. At least it happened at the end," I grin.
My mates chuckle at that. The ladies join us from the kitchen.
"What's got you all worked up?" Em questions.
"I'm wondering the same thing," my mum adds.
"Jai farted in front of Megan and then put a pic on the wall to commemorate the occasion," Damo blurts.
"You did not!" my mum insists.
I shrug in reply.
"That's nasty," my sister adds.
"Yeah, yeah," I reply.
"Megan is not the type to do something like that," Mum says firmly motioning at the photos. "Though they are nice besides the story."
"I asked for them as a gift. I figured it'd be easier explaining to anyone so close to us than to be plastered all over society in her next art show," I divulge.
"Hmm," my dad replies clearly listening in.  "Probably better that way."
I chuckle in response.
We chat a bit more before the match comes back on. The Rabbitohs win causing Damo and Bran to spit the dummy. I'm glad they were able to come. I know it's the middle of the season for them. Their last game ended the night before they flew out and their next one is the day after they come back.
Another match begins and we watch the start of that—the Dragons vs the Sea Eagles. Between the commentary, I decide to broach the subject of what to do while they're on holiday here.
"What do you have in mind, love?" Mum asks curiously.
"Meg and I made a list of obligations we have and another of other things we could do," I mention.
"She's very organized," my mum grins.
"She is," I nod. I list off everything we have planned—church days and times, her interview, two sports matches we have box seats for, an appointment with the pastor, the concert...
"Hannah mentioned a bridal shower and a ladies tea," my mum adds.
"Yeah, I forgot to add that," I say marking it on my phone. "We'll separate for that. Some of the blokes wanted to do something."
"Pub?" Damo asks.
"Probably not," I mumble. "They don't drink. I'll have to ask them tonight what they want to do."
"What'd you have in mind the rest of the week then?" Johnno asks.
"If you're up for it, we wanted to take everyone to an amusement park tomorrow," I say.
"That sounds bonzer," Bran adds.
I grin at that. "Anyone else?" I question.
They all mostly reply that it sounds good. I look to my parents though.
"No worries," my mum responds. "Hannah and Nick said you'd probably go there. He's taken the week off. They've got plenty scheduled to entertain us. Nick is already planning a fishing trip with your dad. Hannah has a few places she wanted to take me."
I smile at that. Nobody is going to get bored. We write in several places to go—anyone who's not interested can take a rental out to do whatever they want but for the most part, we plan together.
"What kind of sports matches are those?" Damo asks.
"Hockey and baseball," I admit.
He winces at that. They're not popular in 'Straya.
"Those are the only teams they have in town and they're both in season," I mention. "The hockey team is ace and even made the playoffs. The games are bonzer."
"Seriously?" Bran asks disbelievingly.
"You don't want to miss it. Trust me. But it'll be cold so wear a jumper if you brought it," I advise them.
"I checked the temps before I packed. It's like winter here," Mum announces. "Can't believe the lot of you went swimming. But I did bring my cozzie for Jamaica."
I grin at that. I was afraid she wasn't having a good time at first but they seem to get on with Meg's folks just fine.
"Major league?" Damo inquires.
"Minor," I admit.
"What kind of town is this?" he asks.
"Small," I divulge.
He sighs but agrees to go.
"What about the baseball team?" he asks.
"It's baseball," I shrug being honest. I'm hoping for a more amusing match than last time. It was a little bland. "We might stop at that snag shop before, though."
"I'm in," Damo says quickly.
"Eh, they're not so bad," my dad adds. "I'm playing golf this week with Nick if any of you blokes are interested."
"You're going golfing?" I ask surprised.
"You act like I've never been golfing before," he teases, but I don't recall that he has. "Nick's a member at a country club... oh, and a yacht club. We'll probably go to both. I'm not worried. My schedule is booked. I already like the in-laws. Their home seems pretty entertaining and relaxing."
I grin at that. My dad seems right at home here, just like my LA house. I sit back and relax, too, enjoying my time of rest with those closest to me... with the exception of Meg. I can see her doing her thing in the kitchen, though.
"What's she making?" I ask Dar. She would know more than my sister since she's more savvy in the kitchen.
"Violet sugar. I'd never heard of it but she said she might make cupcakes and put some on top if there's time," she replies.
"Crikey. I'm having one of those," I reply.
"Is she a good cook?" my mum asks.
"Her cupcakes are the best I've ever had. I don't care if she puts flowers on them. They're ace," I say.
She grins at that.
"You like the domestic type?" Damo questions.
"I like her," I reply.
He smiles. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that I'm in love with her.
"She also made a honey and a vinegar. The last one she said something about jelly," Dar explains.
"She's into homesteading and making her own everything," I mention.
"It is really interesting," Em adds. "I'm surprised she could do all that by memory. She's said she's made them with her mum since she was a little girl."
I grin at that and kick back enjoying the match.