Uki Violeta

There is a legend that every thousand years, one night all of the stars will fall from the sky, granting powers to those who need them the most. This will be signified with one eye being lit from within, through the powers the universe has bestowed.

Uki was born into a futuristic world, where a class system divided the ones with influence, and the once without. With no other choice, and a desperation for survival, Uki's birth parents sold him off at a young age to a mysterious group. This group claimed to be a sanctuary for the unwanted but used this visage to take advantage of the broken and emotionally vulnerable.

One night, Uki finally escaped the horrors people forced him to call home. Tears streaming down his face as he ran through the field. The tall plants brushing against his body as he made his way through. But with every step the feelings in his legs faded. Is it because of the beating he just received? Before he had a chance to run away, he pissed of his so-called care takers, he didn't even know the reason why they were mad at him. Maybe he was just a scapegoat for their anger? Whatever it was it made him stop running, he wiped the blood away from his nose as he could still feel it dripping down his lips. He lifted his head to look up at the sparkling sky. The stars twinkling in the sky always gave him hope, there is always light in every corner of the dark universe. He saw a few stars shotting across the sky gracefully. Falling swiftly. At that moment Uki hear a rustling sound behind him. Hope it to be the wind, he turned around. Nothing. He looked back at the sky, but this time all the stars disappeared, and it left the sky completely overwhelmed with darkness. He took a glimpse of a purple star that seemed to be getting closer. Uki tilted his head in curiosity. The purple star came right for Uki, he widened his eyes in panic. The star got into his right eye, and he immediately closed his eyes and started rubbing it, "Ah! It hurts!" After the pain seemed to fade away, he stopped rubbing his eye and looked around. There seemed to be a light purple haze clouding his eyesight. He blinked a few times to get rid of it and it luckily worked. Uki wanted to continue running since it felt like he got the strength in his legs back. He took one step to start, but his other foot never landed on the ground. A purple bubble surrounded him, and it floated up into the sky. Uki looked around in panic. Is this some a new trap? He thought to himself. He wanted to feel scared, but the feeling of tranquillity filled him to the brim. The bubble floated higher and higher, it ended flying over the sea. Uki looked down with eyes full of curiosity.

After a while he saw another piece of land, he thought about standing on the ground and the bubble floated down to let Uki on the field. When he placed his feet in the soil, he turned back around to see the bubble, but it wasn't there anymore. He felt confused, "Was that? Some supernatural power?" He let out a big sigh, he didn't know what to do now. He left the only place he knew how to call home, where can he go now?

Uki had that thought spiralling inside his brain. At that moment something in front of him started to appear mid-air. He walked around it to see where it came from, "Is this coming from me?" It seemed to be a portal, he stood back in front of it and put his hand through. It felt like nothing, Uki took his hand back, it seemed to be normal. No wounds and he could move it as usual. He lowered his hand and looked back at the portal, he took a deep breath and went through it.

He entered in what it seemed to be a dark room. He exhaled and inhaled, he could breathe normally in this place. Is this some black hole? An Abyss? A never ending pit? He turned back to look at the portal he just came through, but it wasn't there anymore. In its place there was a crystal ball that was floating, just like the bubble he was in. Uki walked to it and place his hand on it. He thought about where to go now. He wanted to seek a for a place that he could call home. He wanted to seek for people that he could call family.

A faint purple light started to awaken within the crystal and behind it another portal opened. Uki took his hand of the ball, but it seemed to follow the motion of his hand. He tried to hold it with both hands, but the crystal ball dropped itself into his arm. Uki fell a bit through is legs, "Oh it's heavy!" He held his crystal ball tight and went through the portal.

He entered into another world. It looked like his own world, but it looked different, it felt different. He walked around with the big crystal in his arms. He thought about where he should go now, but he didn't know. He sat down on a bench and waited. He didn't know for what or who he waited for, but he waited. After a while a couple saw him and went to him. Uki felt a little scared as he saw them approach. One of them spoke with Uki, "Are you waiting for your parents?" He didn't want to speak with them. Besides what was he going to tell them. Hi, I'm Uki. I ran away from a place where my parents sold me off for, and also, I'm not in any data base since I come from another world! That might scare them off. The same person bended down to come eye to eye with Uki, "Do you live somewhere close?" Uki held the crystal ball closer. "Let's just call the cops, the kid is clearly beat up", another person said to their partner. Their partner looked at them, "That might scare him off." "Bringing him back to wherever he run away from would scare him too." Uki looked at that person. Will they understand me? He thought to himself. That person made eye contact with him and sat next to him, "Hey, I know it may be weird. Two random people saying that they want to help you, but we really do want to help you. We can go to the police together and we won't leave until you tell us too." They put their hand out to Uki. "Does that sound like a good plan to you?" Uki slowly placed his hand in theirs. The both of them got off the bench and the three of them headed to a police station.

Uki had a little smile on his face. Maybe I can finally make a home of my own here