IX - After Dark

TW/CW: mentions of queerphobia, Censored swearing, Mentions of abuse

4 Hours Later, Trophy's POV

I laid in bed, thinking about how good my life has been. But... something's missing. I see Paper fawning over OJ, Yin-Yang and Tissues being so happy with each other, and I'm just... alone. I've been noticing I feel happy around Cheesy, he's always there for me, but he said it himself, he only loves me as a friend... right? If he did just love me as a friend, why would he k!ss me? It wouldn't hurt to ask again.

I look over at Tissues, who was calling his mom, I think. He sounded so sick and drained, even more than usual. I started listening in on his conversation. (A/N hey hey hey here come headcanons)

"I just wish you'd support me for once!"

...

"You were NEVER there for me! You said I was delusional because I dated someone who's non-binary, who you ALWAYS misgendered, all you did was smoke and yell at me, and Dad did everything YOU were supposed to! Now I'm on a POC, can barely even function since my condiShAWn is getting so bad, and now I have to leave my husbands-" 

I heard a voice on the other end start yelling.

"YES! I SAID HUSBANDS!" Tissues yelled. "Anyways, I have to leave them with our egg, and just... Why me?! Why not abuse Gauze, Towel, or even Bandaid Box instead?! Why abuse anyone?!" Tissues started to cry a little, and I walked over just so he knew I was there. I could hear the b*tch on the other end clearly, 

"I didn't abuse you. Now stop being a crybaby and suck it up. Now go tell your "husbands" you have to leave. I want you back in San Diego, away from those psychotic gays by Friday. Understand?"

"Y-Yes..." 

Tissues pulled his phone away from wherever objects hear out of, slammed his phone on the nightstand, and just started sobbing. I comforted him, it's never fun to see anyone like this. not even Pickle.

"Well, I guess I'll pack my stuff." Tissues said, sounding stuffier than usual. Must be the crying. I grab him by the hole on his top.

"No." I say sternly.

"W-what...?"

"You're not going to San Diego." I looked at Tissues right in his eyes. They were so dull and lifeless.

"I have to. I can't go against my mother. Otherwise she'll come and make me go back home." Tissues got my hand loose and walked off, bumping into a wall. "Stupid blindness." He complained. I caught up with him.

"You don't. Yin-Yang needs you. Your unhatched child needs you. Heck, I need you. Mostly to fall asleep."

"Oh, Trophy, this isn't your problem. I shouldn't have signed up for the show."

"Look. You're staying. That's final. Your mom comes? I'm sure Yin-Yang would rip her to pieces. If not, I'll fight too. But you're not leaving." Tissues looked at me.

"I... I thought you hated me."

"I did. Until those jerks started spreading those rumors. You and Cheesy were the only ones who stood up for me." I picked up the short object. "I guess I'm just grateful you don't hate me, ever after all I've done to yo-" He sneezed. Right in my face.

"Uhm, I suggest you work on sneezing into your elbow." I felt around for a towel, and wiped my face. God, I hope I don't get sick.

✰✰✰

Now to do what I was planning to do.

I went up to the rooftop. I hope he comes. If he doesn't show up, I guess I can ask him somewhere private tomorrow.

Cheesy suddenly was next to me.

"Ah! Uh, hi, Cheesy."

"Heya Troph! Why'd you call me up here?"

"W-well, uh... Isn't it nice out?"

"Yeah, the stars are beautiful tonight!"

"I know... heheh..." I chuckle awkwardly. I want to wait for the right time.

A comfortable silence filled the air. All that could be heard was the crickets, and eventually the soft patter of rain.

"Oh-oh dear, it's raining." I stutter.

"Don't worry, I have an umbrella." Cheesy takes out an umbrella. "I knew it was gonna be rainy."

We sat there, staring out at the stars, the smell of rain made me a bit sleepy. It was calming.

"Hey, Cheesy?" I mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"Do you... like me?"

"Uh, yeah.

""Like me" Like me?"

"Yes." Cheesy scooted in closer to me, and I put my arm around him. He suddenly reached up and gave me a peck on the cheek, causing me to blush a lot. I just hugged him. No point in fighting it any more. Cheesy grabbed my wooden arm and held the wooden hand. We ended up going inside so we didn't catch anything.

TROPHEESY REALNESS

haha there we go!

PayJay is in this yes yes

also just to sum up my Tissues headcanons included here (as of April 10 2022)

-Tissues is Pansxual

-his mom is a meanie, and a cotton ball

-his dad is deceased (died of the condiShAWn, this is also where Tissues got it from in my headcanon) his dad is also velcro

-tissues was abused as a kid, not good

-tissues has 3 siblings, Gauze, Towel, and Bandaid Box. Gauze and Towel are twins, and Bandaid Box is 2 years younger then the twins. Tissues is 5 years younger than Bandaid Box. All 3 of Tissues' siblings smoke, and have been since their early teens💀

-tissues is from San Diego, California

-tissues is quite depressed 💀💀💀

876 Words

-PB