XIII - It all Fell Down

TW/CW: Fire, Screaming, Death 

(wowee this is gonna be a fun chapter)

Tissues' POV

"Tissues?" Yin-Yang asked timidly.

"Yeah?" I replied, sneezing shortly after. Luckily Yin-Yang was not in the path of my disgusting sneeze. I hate these stupid sneezes. Trophy was asleep, he's been sleeping a lot lately, up around 11:30 and down by 6:45. Not even I sleep that much.

"What was that noise?" Yin asked.

"Oh, it was probably someone got mad." I said. "Maybe we should check and see if anyone got hurt."

Me and Yin-Yang, accompanied by our egg and YinYang Jr, walked into the living room.

"We heard a shatter." Yin-Yang said.

"We did too. We thought it was you guys." Pickle said.

"Well, we thought it was you!"

I could feel my face lose color. "Don't tell her where I am." I said, as I grabbed Yin-Yang and ran for my room.

"Wh- Tessuti!"

I slammed the door behind me, and ran into the bathroom.

"Tissues, what is going on?! You're being really strange..." Yin whimpered.

"Yeah, I have to agree with my stupid little brother here, this is worrisome."

"Guys, I can't go back so San Diego, I have a life here, guys! I have you, the egg, and my friends. I can't leave all of that..."

"Tissues, we can come and visit you, plus, it'll be nice to go and see San Diego."

"No, my mom wants me back in California to get away from you guys." I sighed. I hate this. I hate this so much. Why now? I started to sob a little, then I sneezed. "WHY?!" I yelled, immediately covering my mouth, and putting my POC back in. 

"Them move out!" Yang yelled.

"I can't! My mom won't give me money, I've tried countless times to get a job, and my sisters have spouses of their own!"

Suddenly, the door was slammed.

"Where's Tissues?!" a gruff voice croaked.

I'm screwed.

✰✰✰ Trophy's POV ✰✰✰

"Ugh..." I groaned. "Shut up, people, I'm tryna-" I saw some lady looking at me. Yin-Yang looked like they'd just seen a ghost. A cotton ball lit a cigar in front of me. She must have ignored the smoke detector. She blew the awful-smelling smoke in my face when she spoke. The cotton ball herself smelled like black coffee and cigarettes. I minded neither of those smells, so it didn't bother me too much.

"Do you know where Tissues is?" She asked. Yin-Yang motioned for me not to.

"Uh, no?" I told her. The room went dead silent for a few minutes as she smoked her cigar. I learned that the smoke alarm in our room was out of batteries.

"Wait..." She growled. "What's that sound?" She walked towards the bathroom. Tissues' POC. Tissues is in the bathroom. Is he hiding from her? I don't hear any suffering noises. I got up and stopped her.

"Why do you want Tissues, anyway?"

"I'm taking him away from these... gays." I squeezed her arm as tightly as I could. "Nice baby grip." She sneered. Yin-Yang attacked her, but was kicked off and into a wall a few seconds later. Yin-Yang seemed unconscious. I tried to fight her as well, but I had no strength. she dug her cigar into me and threw me into Tissues' bed. I started to smell the mild smell of burning oak. I looked down at my wooden arm, to see it was on fire. I screamed, quickly got it off, and threw it. Bad decision. The curtains, the dresser, and Tissues' bed were burning. I gotta fix this. I shoved Cotton Ball to the side and banged on the bathroom door.

"TISSUES! TISSUES GET OUT OF THERE! THE ROOM'S ON FIRE!" I screamed. 

"No! You're trying to get me out so Mom can take me back to California! I want to stay with my friends!"

"You won't HAVE any friends if they all go up in FLAMES!"

"Fine!" Tissues angrily opened the door, tears streaming down his face, but his angered expression turned to fear when he saw the bright glowing flames that had consumed about a third of the room. "MY EGG! WHERE'S MY EGG?!" Tissues sobbed. I don't have time for this. I grabbed Yin-Yang and Tissues' hand, put Yin-Yang in my cup, and ran. 

Soon the fire alarms started blaring.

"Where's Tissues' egg?" I shouted over the alarm.

"Fan has it!" Someone yelled back.

✰✰✰

I waited and waited while OJ, who looked pale and sleep deprived, worried and worried. I worried a little too, Cheesy wasn't coming out.

"Uh, OJ?" I asked shakily.

"Yeah?" He answered, he seemed to be in good health. Maybe that stress thing Paper was going on about was the truth, despite me having my doubts.

"Is Cheesy out here? I can't see a thing."

"I don't know, hold on." OJ breathed in. "EVERYONE! Get in a single file line! I need to do a headcount!"

After a while of counting, OJ returned to me with the worst fake smile I've ever seen.

"Cheesy's missing..." OJ whimpered. Suddenly YinYang Jr scurried out.

"YYJ!" Tissues yelled happily in the distance.

Then, my worst nightmare.

The entire building collapsed. The Fire Department showed up just minutes too late. I heard OJ and many others scream. But I just watched. Watched as the most caring and devoted person I've ever known got squished by a burning building. I couldn't do anything. All of this could've been avoided. I suddenly felt lukewarm tears go down my face.

"Hey, Trophy?" Someone squeaked behind me. Balloon. "I'm uh, sorry for your loss..." I stared at him. Everything hurts so much. I started to sob a little. There's no point in holding it in anymore. Now would actually be an acceptable time to cry. I feel so stupid regardless. People coming to my aid like I'm hurt. I'm not. I'm fine. I couldn't keep my eyes anymore. I slowly fell asleep, as the fire died.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ALMOST THERE

953 words

-PB