οκτώ

painting of hephaestus catching aphrodite and ares's affair

hephaestus crafts an unbreakable bronze web and hides it on the side of the bed he shared with aphrodite. if they brought ares over, the web would ensnare the two in all their shame. hephaestus turns to aphrodite, who is unawars that hephaestus knows of their affair. 'i am  going to go relax on lemnos, care to join?' he questions with hidden rage. aphrodite brushes their curls, 'no thank you, enjoy your time.' they simply reply without even glancing at hephaestus. he storms out of the colosseum, awaiting for morning. the time ticks by, hephaestus softly makes his way to the bedroom he shared with aphrodite. he glares in, seeing ares and aphrodite being intimate in their bed. he unleashes the brozen webbing, trapping the couple. 'how could you aphrodite?! i gave you nothing but my love and repay me with having an affair with my brother?!' hephaestus steams, his fists clenched. aphrodite turns from their place on top of ares's torso. the feeling of embarrassment was soon replaced by anger. 'how dare you call it love! i never want to be with you in the first place! you put yourself in this position, i love ares i have never and will never love you.' aphrodite replies coldly. hephaestus feels tears prickle in his eyes as ares glares at him, hold aphrodite close. 'fine! then show your shame to the others!' with that hephaestus summons the other gods who gasp at the sight. 'you see! i demand this marriage over! i demand you return the marriage gifts i gave you zeus!'

//