δέκα

painting of aphrodite

hephaestus slumped in regret as the divorce was final. aphrodite was as free as a bird. the love god and god of war look into each other's eyes. they knew they had to part their ways, for the sake of their children and olympus. 

aphrodite went on to not marry again, at least it's not thought. after the divorce they slept with poseidon who comforted them, not blaming the affair. they bore a child for poseidone; two daughters; rhodos, goddess and personification, and herophilos, a sea-nymph. aphrodite went on to conceive over 14 children, majority coming from ares. aphrodite never forgot ares, the man who helped them through an unfair time in their life. their love for ares was everlasting. 

ares went on to live between the gods and the mortals, fighting great battles. he found new loves, and ended up having a total of 14 children with goddesses and mortal women. however he never felt the deep love he forever held for aphrodite. two of their sons; phobus, god of panic and deimus god of fear fought along side their father in wars. aphrodite would always be considered ares's first and true lover.

// 

thus concludes the love affair of ares and aphrodite.

//

just a short lil' story :)

if you'd like to go more in-depth here's a site to a quick summary of their story!

https://exploringyourmind.com/the-myth-of-aphrodite-and-ares/

thank you for reading! <3