Chapter 19: Duelling Club

Y/n POV
Today we are told that there will be a duel in our DADA class. Which is exciting as we are finally doing something useful and can hopefully avoid Lockhart's boasting about himself.

Arriving in class, we find professor Snape is also joining us. "Maybe this won't be so bad." I comment.

"With Snape? This is going to be a nightmare." Ron remarks.

Professor Snape is better than Lockhart, though.

Soon the duel begins with a demonstration between Snape and Lockhart. I wasn't a huge fan of it at first, until Snape sent Lockhart flying.

Thank you Professor Snape.

Next thing we know, Harry and Malfoy are brought up to duel. "This isn't going to go well." I mumble, to which Hermione nods in agreement.

Just like we thought, Malfoy was sent flying before he creates a snake to attack Harry. Then out of the blue Harry is suddenly talking to it as Snape moves to get rid of it.

What was he saying to the snake? And when could he talk to snakes?

Students starting accusing Harry of setting the snake onto a boy. Though it so went quite when, "He was telling the snake to back off, idiots." Riddle stares loudly.

"And how would you know that?" An arrogant Ravenclaw boy questions.

"I'm a Riddle, isn't that enough explanation." She answers as she and her friends leaving, bring Harry with them.

Hermione, Ron and I, soon followed suit and found Harry just outside. "Did they leave you here?" Ron questions.

"Riddle said it's probably best I don't hang around her too long." Harry says, looking a bit confused over what just happened.

"Well, at least you're alright." I state, with a reassuring smile.

"Though, were you really telling the snake to back off, Harry? I mean, all we could hear was snake noises." Hermione questions.

"Just like Riddle said. I was telling it to stay away from the boy." Harry says.

Hermione nods and the topic is soon drop as we head to our next class.