Chapter 35: Buckbeak's execution

Y/n POV
Over the past month or so, Hermione has be working to save Buckbeak. Who is going to be killed for 'trying to attack a student.' Which I don't see why anything holds up considering the fact, that Buckbeak didn't even get a chance to attack Malfoy thanks to Riddle.

I also didn't even realise or know it was going to be happening until a few weeks ago. Which is slightly understandable, considering the fact that I've been swamped with homework recently.

This whole thing is happening because Malfoy went and complained to his father. He's such a daddy's boy.

Today was the day of the execution. The four of us made our way down and saw Malfoy with this little gang.

"Come to watch the show?" Malfoy questions.

"You, foul, loathsome, little cockroach." Hermione snaps, marching up to Malfoy and holds her wand to him.

He cowers in fear, while I look at Hermione with a slight impressed expression. This soon turned into a completely impressed expression as Hermione soon ends up punching Malfoy square in the face.

Damn, Hermione. I didn't know you had it in you.

Shortly after Malfoy and this little gang run off, checking to see if he was okay along the way.

"That felt good." Hermione admits.

"That was bloody brilliant." Ron states, which I nod with agreement to.

Our little triumphant was short lived however as we quickly made our way down to Hagrid's to talk with him. Once there, he ushered us indoors to avoid being seen down there.

"They can't do this Hagrid, Buckbeak never even touched him." I express my opinion.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. But it's out of our hands now. The executioner will be coming down soon." Hagrid says, sorrowfully.

More was going to be said, only for a jar to break and Harry to get hit in the head. We go to look outside to see them coming.

Upon realising this we make our way towards the back door to sneak out and when we got the opportunity we ran.

Soon, we reached the stones and we looked down to see the executioner drop his axe. We cried knowing that Buckbeak was know dead and had a group hug. I was between Hermione and Harry.