AWAKE : TWENTY TWO

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

The suffocating darkness made it nearly impossible to see.

The deafening silence was broken only by the soft thud of our footsteps. The lack of human activity in the morning had been unsettling, but at night, it was terrifying.

The cold night air bit at our skin, sending chills and uncontrollable shudders down our spines. Thankfully, Jihyo held onto my arm, radiating a comforting warmth that defied the ruthless cold.

Occasionally, we hear a dog's howl, making us even more scared than we already are. I know that they're prowling the streets now and looking for unfortunate victims The thought terrified me – we could easily become their prey if we didn't find shelter soon.

Earlier, we were unlucky enough to be stuck in the middle of the road with our useless car. The night sky is void of any stars, and it's a sign that the rain is going to pour down anytime soon. We really need to find a shelter.

We walked in silence, not daring to speak for fear of attracting unwanted attention. Yet, a strange sense of comfort came from being together.

We carried nothing but backpacks filled with supplies hastily grabbed from the mall what felt like ages ago. So much had already happened, and all I craved was to flop down on a warm bed and drift off to sleep.

And I think it will happen right now. After a few minutes of walking in the middle of nowhere with only a lighter to lead the way, we finally found a place to stay. It seems like the odds are in our favor now.

Finally.

The place we found is a vulcanizing shop and a small store. I almost jumped for joy when the light from Tzuyu's lighter reflected the name of the establishment.

Beb's Vulcanizing Shop and Little Store.

God bless you, Aling bebs.

It wasn't much, but in the desolate landscape, it felt like a gift from heaven.

The moment we stepped inside, heavy raindrops began to pelt the ground. We were incredibly lucky to have stumbled upon this glorious...

Fine, I'm just exaggerating, maybe not glorious. But if you ever find yourself lost in the middle of nowhere with only a lighter to guide you, any place that offers refuge feels like paradise.