AWAKE : TWENTY

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

I almost cried out because of the sudden pain that I felt on my back after the car jerked.

"Be careful, man," I say to Tzuyu with a glare. She just looked at me through her rearview before sending me a wink. Ugh, what an ass.

We're on our way to Blue House now. It's already six in the afternoon, and the sun is already beginning to set. Earlier, we contemplated whether we should go back to our own homes before going to B.H., but Irene insisted that we need to go there immediately. She said that we could spend the night there since it has a residential area.

I admit, the thought of sleeping in the Presidential Quarters is exciting.

"So, Irene," Mina says. "Can you please tell us what are we looking for?"

Irene sighs loudly. She's clearly not in the mood for talking. She's beside Sana, who's behind in the driver's seat.

"Fine. I want to get those secret documents."

"For what?" Jihyo asks. She's currently sitting beside me, taking care of my injury. We passed by a convenience store awhile ago and got some medical supplies.

"For the sake of solving this mystery," Irene answers. "My dad said that the government is hiding something from us, and the only way to know for sure is to steal those freaking documents."

"Your dad?" i asks. "Where is he? Why aren't you with him?"

Irene stays silent for a few moments. She turns her gaze to the window, thinking about something. Maybe her dad is already dead; that's why she's not answering my question. I shouldn't have asked that.

"He was captured by those bastards," she says, still looking out the window. "He was desperate to get those documents, but no one wants to risk their lives to go with him. I'm the only one who wants to go with him."

We stay silent. I am waiting for her to continue.

"On the day we went to our hiding spot, we were ambushed by a group of men. I don't know if the ones we encountered earlier were among them, but I'm certain they all work under the same leader."

"How did you manage to escape?" I ask.

"My dad sacrificed himself to save me. He did all he could to distract those men so I could run." She pauses, sucking in a lungful of air. "I don't know if he's still alive. I hope he is."