Chapter 13 ~ Disarray

7 months ago

"Terry... We do not have all day. Gotta get going early before we miss the flight" Liz, terrace's mother calls.

" Mom, I'm packing my guitars right now. That's the last thing I need to do" Terrace shrugs." I can't wait for Nigeria" he shouted loud enough for Liz to hear.

" I'm not sure you don't know how unpalatable Nigeria could be sometimes. The road, the weather,the society " Liz blurted like Nigeria was a trembling nightmare.

It seemed it didn't affect Terrace as he packed his last luggage into the car and gleamed " Nigeria, I hope you'd forgive Mrs Oladipo over here for her exuberance but just know..... you're gonna have one more citizen in state sooner or later."

"Come on the plane would not wait for no one, you know" Liz scolded the already over-enthusiastic Terry Oladipo .

Present day
Terrace

I walked in to the class today with high hopes for the day. I had spoken with few guys in the class but I did not even try to make friends with one of them. Though, there's this girl I spoke with, Lauren or something like that. I think she's cool. Speak of the devil, she's approaching.

She was looking stunning today. A red glam top and denim jeans does scream 'awesome' on her. "Hey, Terry." God! How much that voice makes me wanna roll my belly in.

I think I'm crushing on Lauren, I'm crushing hard. Since the past few weeks I have tried fill up the space Diana left in my heart. I feel Lauren could be of help but I gotta make a move. Now's my chance

"Looking sharp today, Lauren". Honestly, that's all my head can facture right now. Don't blame me for my nervousness.

"You're also looking nice" she looked back just to see Mr Okwonko, the physics teacher strolled in into the class and I bitterly groaned inwardly. What a killjoy !

~~~~~~~~

We were on break and everyone were buzzing about the latest news in school. The annual 'Treasures Got Talent" was the bone of contention all around the school.

We have some chat group chatting away about a certain stunt to pull or some certain groups that they want to create.

I already had a conversation with the 'Thick Timbre Boys' band and they said I should see them later about my entry.

Speak of the devils and they show. "Hey, guys is the person around now or I still have to wait" I said before I could even stop myself. These guys' looks and height could be quite intimidating.

"No need to wait oyinbo, I'm back" The guy I was waiting for signalled to me.

Though I was confused, what did he just call me ? "What was that " I said laughing still kinda fathoming whatever he called me.

The guys also laughing smacking each other's arm. "Oyinbo means 'white guy' or whatever you wanna call it" Albert said still laughing.

Albert, who is the one I'm very familiar with was the saxophonist and backing vocal, I hear.

"Well, Peter what's next for our guy here." Albert spoke and I was kinda happy I was living my dream. Being a band member.