Chapter 2

Mistofeels sat beside Victoria. The white she-cat, chatted to him excitedly. Tonight was the jellicle ball. The first ball she'd attend as a mature cat, though the white cat was still a kitten, she was old enough to understand some topics. Etcetera and Electra would be next in line. Mistoffeels had been the only kitten in his liter, Victoria was the only surviving kitten. Their mother Bombulorina was very protective of the two for that fact.

Victoria's dad was unknown to the tribe, while Bombulorina kept his a secret. Only Old Dueteronomy and Bombulorina knew. He was fine with that. Its not like it would change anything.

The last ball, Macavity, had stolen Old Dueteronomy. Mistoffelees had brought old Dueteronomy back. He knew that, the tribe was thankful.

"Mistoffeels, come here" Mistoffeels looked over at his mate, Rum Tum Tugger. He nodded and walked over. They had gotten together only a few sunrises before the last ball.

"You and Victoria are here quite early." inquired Rum Tum Tugger.

"So are you" Mistoffeels replied.

"Munkustrap gets mad if I don't come here early" laughed Tugger. Mistoffeels nodded. The gray tom sat beside Old Deuteronomy.

"Victoria was excited and wanted to come early." Mistoffeels replied, "Bombulorina asked me to escort her."

"Sounds like Victoria."

Again Mistoffeels nodded. He looked up, the sun had yet to reach the evening border.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Tugger asked. Mistoffeels looked at him and nodded. The two toms hurried out of the junkyard.

(A/N: I wrote this in English class, sorry its short.)