Chapter 3

(A/N: in this chapter, I combined two of the songs(sorta) from the musical. The main song being sang will be above. The other song is called The naming of cats)

Flashpaw awoke suddenly. He had dreamt that he was fighting a strange cat. A brown tabby, who almost looked like a lion. This cat was strange, he had powers, almost like magic.

Flashpaw stood up and looked around. He quickly realized that he was no longer in the medicine den. Or in his camp for that matter. Instead he was in a twoleg place. He saw Blossompaw laying only a few fox lengths away. "Blossompaw" he called. Blossompaw shook a little. He walked up to his sister, and batted her with his paw. Blossompaw opened her eyes and looked at her brother.

"Yea?" she asked, clearly alerted. She sat up and looked around.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"I don't know" he replied. Blossompaw stood up and stretched. Paw steps started towards the two siblings.

Blossompaw got to her feet and walks in front of Flashpaw.She doesn't think I can care for myself. He thought.

"Who's there?" asked Blossompaw. A brown tabby walked towards them, beside him was a small black and white tom. Blossompaw hissed at them.

"Its getting a bit late for two kittens like you to be wandering around." the brown tom said.

"We're not kittens" replied Blossompaw, through her teeth.

"You don't look any older" the tom told her.

"We're apprentices" Blossompaw told them proudly.

"Apprentices?" asked the smaller tom. Blossompaw nodded.

"I'm Blossompaw, and this is my brother Flashpaw."

The smaller black and white tom sniffed at Blossompaw. Flashpaw backed up a bit. Why were these two so interested in them.

"Macavity is lurking around" the tabby said "You two little ones better run off to your housefolk"

"Housefolk?" Blossompaw asked.

"Your humans." the small tom replied, "the people who care for you"

"Oh we're not kittypets" Blossompaw replied.

"You're strays?" asked the tabby.

"No, we're warriors"

I'm not. Thought Flashpaw, though he didn't say it out loud.

"Warriors?" the tabby asked.

"Well apprentices, but I'll be one day. Flashpaw is gonna be a medicine cat" Blossompaw stated.

"Interesting" the brown tom said "I"m Rum Tum Tugger, and this is Mistoffelees" Rum Tum Tugger pointed his tail and Mistoffelees.

"Nice to meet you too" Flashpaw greeted.

"Lets take them back," Mistoffelees said, "Its the night of the ball, Macavity will be on high alert" Tugger nodded.

"Back where?" asked Blossompaw asked.

"The tribe meeting grounds" Tugger replied . Tribe? Wondered Flashpaw. He had never heard of them. And who's Macavity.

The two apprentices followed the older cats. They were led to a place full of old and broken two-leg objects. "Welcome to the junkyard, where us jellicles meet" Tugger explained. Flashpaw blinked.

"What are jellicles?" he asked. Mistoffelees looked back.

Flashpaw's questioned was ignored. A few other cats were there. A white she-cat who looked to be about the same age as Flashpaw ran over.