Chapter 6

Mistoffelees sat next to Tugger. The brown tom was ranting about his brother Munkustrap. Mistoffelees yawned. Tugger turned and looked at him.

"Tired?" he asked. Misto nodded. Tugger sighed.

"Are the balls to long for you?" he asked. Misto shook his head. Jemima laid curled up in front of her mother near the front of the junkyard. Victoria who had danced with Plato the night before sat beside him. Most of the cats had yet to leave yet.

"My sister isn't a kitten anymore" Misto said softly.

"Time for your mom to have another" laughed Tugger. Misto rolled his eyes. Right after Mistoffelees had come of age Victoria had been born. The tribe joked that Bomburlina liked having a kitten to care for.

Misto nudged his mate. "I'm gonna head home soon," Misto said "I'm tired".

Tugger nodded.

"Excuse me" Victor's voice came. Misto looked up at the brown and white tom.

"Hello" Misto replied.

"Sorry too interrupt you two" Victor went on "But have you seen Carbucketty?" Victor was the father of two of the kitten, Bill Bailey and Carbucketty. Their mother had a few days after the two stopped needing milk.

"No, sorry" replied Misto.

"Have you checked with the other kittens?' asked Tugger. Victor nodded.

"That kitten is always getting up to mischief." Victor laughed "I better go find him, good bye" with that he turned and walked away.

"Bye" called Misto.

"Kittens." huffed Tugger, "They're always getting up to trouble". Misto let out a purr of amusement. The two had talked about having kittens, before. Demeter had said that she would carry and nurse the kittens.

"We should try and help find Carbucketty" replied Misto. Tugger nodded.