Beach date

"Are you ready for our game against Germany?" Julie asked me as we were getting our hair braided.

"Yeah but I'm still sore. Hey maybe you'll actually get to play today." I said smiling.

"Hopefully. I'll ask whenever coach shows up." She sighed

"Hey Harley I know your sore and tired but you are gonna do great today." Dean said cupping my face.

"You are too Deany. And you'll actually get to play this time. Just don't hit the ref again." I said making him smile. He gave me a kiss and we skated out.

•••

"Bro where is coach?" I said. Our game was about to start and coach wasn't there. If he didn't show we'd have to forfeit and go home. And that was not happening.

"Hey team! We're gonna do great today. Where's Gordan?" Don asked us.

"You tell us." Luis said.

"I don't believe this."

"Team USA, sorry but without a coach behind the bench. You'll forfeit the game." My mouth gaped.

"But you can't do that." Adam said.

"We have one!" Charlie said. "Miss. Mackay!" He yelled he skated over to her. I mean she was probably our best hope seeing as Coach wouldn't show up. I tapped my hand on my leg anxiously waiting for a response.

"Well what are you waiting for? The ice to freeze?" Coach yelled. My smile beamed as I went to the ice. I took center, face off.

I was doing good I was starting catch up to the guy with the puck when Guy fell right in front of me making me trip over him, I yelped

"Sorry Harls." He said getting up.

"It's okay." I said. He helped me up. I kept trying to get the puck but my were muscles aching.

All the sudden I heard Miss Mackay yell switch it up. I mentally thanked her and sat down on the bench taking a swig of water.

I looked up to see Coach, he was using his duck call I cringed a bit seeing him. I didn't really want him here.

"Look who was so thoughtful to think to show up for his team." I said to Julie.

"I know right." Dean laughed beside us making me smile. He blew it again making me look at him once more. I then stood up.

He blew it again making me look at Dean. He shook his head. He then walked into the bench blowing his duck call over and over again.

"Come on in. Let's go! Come on!" He said. He looked over to Miss. Mackay giving her a kiss on the cheek. I smiled at this.

"Team. Guys. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team, and the team is all I have. All I want is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back. Okay? Believe me." I smiled. We all cheered. I looked at Dean and he leaned down and kissed me.

•••

We beat Germany 3-2. It was a hard game, but it was totally worth it. We got our coach back.

"Deany." I whined. We were sitting in his bed not really doing anything. Fulton and Julie were out to lunch.

"Harley." He whined back.

"I'm bored." I dragged on, sitting up.

"What do you wanna do?"

"Could we go to the beach?" I asked smiling.

"Okay." He smiled.

"Really?" He nodded I jumped outta his bed and dashed to the door.

"Im changing be ready when I get back!"

~BATHING SUIT~

I walk back to Dean's room. With my beach bag. Knock on the door and he opens it.

"Damn." He says under his breath.

"Thanks Dean." I smirked and he got his things.

We walked down to the beach talking about random shit.

That's when I heard something. A whistle? I look over to a group of boys checking me out. Dean started to cuss at them starting to walk over.

"Dean stop. Don't let them ruin our date." I was really tired of catcalls they're immature and disgusting. He looked back with me at me with loving eyes.

"Okay, yeah let's go." He said as we kept walking. They group of guys were making fun of Dean. I knew it upset him but we just kept walking.

•••

"Dean no! No stop! Not the water!" I screamed as he ran into the water with me in his arms.

"It's so cold!" I squealed. He laughed.

"Oh don't be a baby about it." I pushed his arm laughing a bit as well.

"Dean?" I said taking his hands and looking him into the eyes.

"Yeah?" He looked down into mine.

"What's, um what's gonna happen to us when we leave?" I asked. He sighed and put his hand of my face.

"Well, I'm gonna call you, every single fucking day Harley Ruby. Even if you don't pick up. I'm gonna see if I can travel to Indiana. Luckily Illinois and Indiana are pretty close. I'm gonna do anything in my favor to hear your voice and see your gorgeous face."

I smiled and leaned up to kiss him. He leaned down a bit making our lips touch. They moved in sync for a couple seconds before I pulled away. I hugged Dean tight. He picked me up hugging me back.

I knew that even if we were gonna make it to the final game it wasn't that far away. It hurts my heart thinking about being away from him. Being away from the team. But to think about it, when the time comes we're all gonna go our separate ways...

Oh my gosh ya'll I'm so sorry. I've been so busy. I have summit next week so idk if I'll update a lot more this week. But summer is coming and that means a lot of updates. I've also had ilearn last week and that was so draining. I'm so sorry. -cat