The last game part 2

"Did you all enjoy that?" Coach asked. A series of yeahs were heard. "Okay well so did they, because they're still three points up and we're one period away from defeat." We all sighed sitting down.

"Well if we can't beat them, we might as well keep out pride." Jesse shrugged.

"Jesse, that's not pride. Sure, when Dwayne roped that big oaf, part of me cheered. But guys. I've been there. I know how you feel. Man I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the minors. And I really, really wanted to go after Stanson for the cheap shot. But you know what? My knee will heal. And if I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, well, then, I lost more than my knee. You understand?" We all agreed.

"We're not goons. We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves. You. Who are you?" He pointed at Dean. We all looked at him. He looked confused.

"Dean Portman." He said

"From where?"

"Chicago Illinois."

"You."

"Guy Germaine."

"From where?"

"St. Paul Minnesota."

"You"

"Jesse Hall from Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Who are you?"

"Julie Gaffney from Bangor Maine."

"Luis Mendoza Miami Florida."

"Greg Goldberg Philadelphia Pennsylvania."

"Les Averman Brooklyn park Minnesota."

"Harley Ruby Carmel Indiana." I said standing up. Dean stood up with me and putting an arm around me.

"Fulton Reed Stillwater Minnesota." Dean the hit his shoulder.

"Russ Tyler South Central Los Angeles."

"Charlie Conway Minneapolis Minnesota."

"Ken Wu San Francisco California."

"Connie Moreau Minneapolis Minnesota."

"Adam Banks Edina Minnesota."

"Dwayne Robertson Austin Texas."

"Michele MacKay Duluth Minnesota."

"And I'm Gordon Bombay Minneapolis Minnesota." We all cheered. Dean kissed my cheek.

"We're team USA gathered from all across America. And we're gonna stick together you know why?"

"Because we are ducks. And ducks fly together." Hans cut him off.

"That's right, Hans. And just when you think they're about to break apart."

"Ducks fly together!" We cheered.

"And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black."

"Ducks fly together!" We chanted.

"And when the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture."

"Uh okay."

"Ducks fly together!" We finished.

"And when everyone says it can't be done, Ducks fly together."

"Now new Ducks, and old ducks must unite under a new banner. And I thought perhaps something like this."

•••

We were walking out feeling ready then ever with our. New uniform.

"Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Gooooo Ducks!" We yelled making the stands roar with excitement.

That's when We Will Rock you came on. But instead of rock you it was quack you which made me giggle.

I was center, face off. The whistle blew and this time I knocked over the Iceland guy getting the puck.

It was a really good play. Connie scored making the stands go crazy. The next play was kinda sad. Averman lost the puck making Iceland get another goal.

"Okay Ducks take a look here."

"Charlie this isn't the NBA."

"No but it's the perfect teamwork play." He protested.

We did the play making the goal. I cheered in relief.

Luis then got puck zooming down the ice. That when he did it! He stopped!

"Put it in Luis!" He shot the puck in making the stands go wild.

Coach called a timeout right before Russ got chucked into the boards.

"This is what I want to do." He trailed off telling us a great play that could work.

"Gooo Ducks!" We all yelled. I sat down watching the play.

Russ, pretending to be Goldberg got the puck. He shot the puck making it in. "Yeah Russ!" I screamed.

"We just did that!" I screamed at Julie.

"I know Harls! I know!" She said excitedly.

•••

"Jesse, Guy, Dwayne, Adam, and Harley." You five are gonna go out there and do your best. I nodded head nervous.

After the long waiting and everyone going, it was my turn. I was about to go when Dean stopped me. "Hey your are gonna do amazing. You are gonna make the shot. Okay you got this." He kissed my lips. I smiled skating out there.

I cradled the puck for a few seconds and then faked the shot right then went to the left throwing the goalie off and making the shot. I smiled in relief. The crowd went wild making me laugh with delight.

"That my girl!" Dean yelled as I skated back to the team.

Coach sent Julie out which made me happy. She definitely earned it.

It's like everything stopped. Gunner had just shot the shot. There was no puck in the net but it didn't seem Julie had either.

That's when she dropped the puck. I screamed skating out to her giving her a tight squeeze. "I knew you could do it!" I told her. She laughed and Dean a Fulton came up to us.

"I'm so proud of you Harls."

"I'm proud of you too Deany." We both smiled and he leaned down giving me a kiss.

Wow 2 chapters. One day. You must be thankful. -cat