11

"Shehry, baat sunhe" Safia called Shehryaar.

"WHAT?" he answered in a cold tone.

"Ap regret to nahi ker rahe" 

"I left my family, my house for you, can you not leave me alone, for a while?"

"I'm sorry"

Safia walks out of the small bedroom, into the living room and takes out the prayer mat. She prays her Isha prayer, and falls in sajda infront of her Allah. 

"Mere moula, mujhe apne saare ghunha ho ki maafi de de. Tu meherbaan, tu sabse zyaada azeem. Mujhe maaf ker de. Mene toh wo hi kiya tha jo meri qismat me tha, mujhe baaqsh de, mere khudaya."

She bursted out in tears and put away the prayer mat. She went towards the bedroom door, only finding it locked. She made herself comfortable on the sofa. It was surely going to be a long night.

***

Days started to pass, and Safia and Shehryaar grew apart. Shehryaar left for university early before Safia woke up, and started coming home late at night. Safia went to university and back home on rickshaws or public buses. She ate breakfast, lunch, dinner alone. She felt so alone. 

She would try talking to Shehryaar at university but he would simply ignore her like she was a stranger. She was slowly dying inside.

A/N

I know this chapter was short but atleast I'm making progress.

My summer exams are in exactly 4 weeks. Pray for me.

Love you guys. xx