Here To Stay (Posie)

Penelope left the school to find a cure for the merge. She comes back with the cure, and all is well except that Josie, despite still being in love with Penelope, is scared to let her back into her life once more.

Josie is walking in the hall when she hears commotion. She heads to her father's office where she finds a crowd of people including her sister, Lizzie, Lizzie's girlfriend, Hope, and her father. They are all smiling widely. There is one more person who she can't make out as they are facing away from her. Then, they turn, and Josie curses herself as her heart flutters in her chest. Penelope Park is back. 

"Hey Jojo," Penelope greets nervously. She is unsure of how her ex will react to her sudden presence. 

"Penelope. What are you doing here? What's going on?" Josie questions, turning towards her father.

"Penelope left to find a cure for the merge, Josie. She's back because she finally found it. You and Lizzie are going to be just fine," Alaric smiles.

"You left to find the cure?" Josie questions.

"I did. You and Lizzie just have to drink this on the next full moon and it will stop the merge," Penelope explains.

"Oh," Josie replies, "Thanks." 

The brunette siphoner walks off after that. She is happy Penelope is back and that she and her sister are going to live past twenty two. Josie wants Penelope back in her life, but is terrified that if she lets her in again, that Penelope will leave.

"And this is the part where you go after her, dimwit," Hope tells Penelope, nudging the raven haired witch.

"I don't know. What if she doesn't want me to?" Penelope sighs.

"She does. Still sleeps with your sweatshirt. Go on, Satan. Get," Lizzie orders.

Penelope rolls her eyes at Lizzie, but goes after Josie. She knows where the brunette will be: The Old Mill, Josie's thinking spot. Sure enough, Penelope finds her there, just sitting and staring off into the distance. The girl turns at the sound of Penelope's footsteps. 

"Hey. You okay?" Penelope asks, brown eyes full of love. 

The look of love and worry in her ex's eyes cause Josie to start to cry. Penelope just goes and sits by Josie. She doesn't know if the siphoner wants a hug or not, so she just sits there until Josie leans into her, which results in Penelope wrapping her arms around Josie. After a while, Josie's sobs cease and she pulls away, glancing at Penelope.

"I tried so hard to hate you. I never could, though. I missed you so much. I love you, Penelope. I never got to say it before you left. I love you, and want to be with you, but you have to promise me that you're here to stay this time," Josie sniffles.

"I love you too, Jojo. I'm here. I promise I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me to" Penelope replies, stroking a loose strand of hair out of Josie's face, "Okay?"

"Okay," Josie whispers, smiling softly at Penelope. 

As they both lean in, their lips meeting in a soft and loving kiss, Josie feels at ease for the first time since Penelope left all those months ago. She knows now that Penelope, the love of her life, is here to stay, and the siphoner is completely okay with that.