Be My Girlfriend? (Hizzie)

Hope asks Lizzie to be her girlfriend. (Taken from my book, The Preacher's Daughter)

"Hi Hope! Come in! Lizzie will be down in a second," Josie greets, moving aside to allow Hope to enter the house.

"Alright, not a problem. So, how are you, Jo?" Hope asks.

"I'm good! Me, you, Penny, and Lizzie should all have a sleep over sometime!" Josie exclaims.

"We can do that. Sounds fun!" Hope agrees, smiling at her friend.

Just then, Lizzie comes down the stairs. It is an unusually warm day for the fall, so she is dressed in a yellow sundress with white polka dots. She has a jean jacket thrown on over it as well as some white flats.

"Woah. You look beautiful, Liz," Hope gawks.

"Thank you. You're not too bad looking yourself," Lizzie blushes, causing Josie to squeal at the adorableness, "And that's our cue to leave. Bye, Josie,"

Hope and Lizzie leave, closing the door behind them. They head to Hope's car, where the auburn haired girl opens the passenger's side door for Lizzie. The blonde kisses her check in thanks as she slides in. Hope shuts the passenger's side door before climbing into the driver's seat and starting the engine once more. The auburn haired girl begins to drive, one hand on the steering wheel, while one reaches over and holds Lizzie's. The blonde smiles, loving the feeling of Hope's hand in hers.

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" Lizzie questions.

"It's a surprise, but I can promise you you'll like it," Hope smiles, squeezing Lizzie's hand.

The drive for about thirty minutes before they reach a secluded lakeside clearing. It is surrounded by trees and bushes, which adds to the privacy factor. They get out of the car and walk towards it. Lizzie has a smile on her face the entire time, which causes Hope to smile as well.

"It's so beautiful. How did you find it?" Lizzie asks once they have sat down on the blanket.

"Penelope and I drove by it when we were driving to Mystic Falls from New Orleans," Hope replies, pulling out the sodas and snacks from her backpack.

"Thank you for bringing me here,"

"Of course. I'm just happy you agreed to go out with me," 

"I've had a huge crush on you from the moment I saw you. I was bound to say yes, Hopey," 

"I have too, Lizzie," Hope smiles, blushing at the nickname.

Once they finish the snacks, Hope lays down on the blanket and opens her arms for Lizzie. Her checks tomato red, the blonde curls up into her side. She lays her head on Hope's chest, listening to the sound of her heart beat. It's racing, and Lizzie smiles knowing that she is the one that is making Hope's heart race this fast. The auburn haired girl cannot help her racing heart; Lizzie just has the affect on her.

"Hey Liz?" Hope questions after a while.

"Yes, Hope?," Lizzie replies, lifting her head up so she can look into Hope's ocean blue eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend? I know this is our first date, but we've been friends for a while now and I really like you," Hope rambles nervously.

"Hush. Of course I'll be your girlfriend," Lizzie smiles, leaning down and kissing Hope.

Hope smiles against the blonde's lips, tangling her fingers through Lizzie's long locks. The auburn haired girl loves the feeling of Lizzie's lips on hers. They are so soft and warm. I could get used to this, Hope thinks to herself. They break apart a few moments later after air becomes an issue, their foreheads resting against one another's, trying to catch their breath.