Chapter 2: First Impressions

It was a small office like room with a couple of chairs and other junk stacked up behind several shelves. I looked around to see if I could find another person since there was a car outside. I heard foot steps from behind one of the shelves and jumped. A tall man with black hair and a purple button-up dress shirt walked out from behind the shelf, slightly jumping at my presence. "Oh! I didn't expect someone else to be back here at this time. This your first night on the job?", he asked. "Uh- y-yeah," I stammered, not really sure of what I was doing or where I was supposed to be. "Sorry, I don't really know quite what I'm doing just yet," I explained. I thought maybe he was a head manager or something, so I didn't want to make a bad impression. "No worries", he said in a slight British accent. "This is my first job as well. I suppose the both of us are working as night guards now." So he's my co worker, I thought. Usually night guard jobs at a small facility like this only had one person working a shift. I suppose this was just a strange circumstance. "Suppose' I should introduce myself," the man said. "My name's Michael. Michael Afton. My father used to own the place years back before he went missing. He created the whole Fazbear franchise thing with his friend." Afton. I had heard that name before. In the news. A man by that name had went missing shortly after an accident at the old Fredbear's Family Diner. I didn't know all the details, but apparently it had to do with one of the animatronics. "Oh", I said. "So your father owns the place?" "Yeah," he said slowly. "It's a bit complicated since he's been missing and all. We never really got along all those years back. He was always so focused on work and after the accident....well he was never the same. Sort of lost it..." He paused to look up at me. I cautiously asked what had happened, but he said it wasn't really a big deal and that it was just some legal issues. He changed the subject by asking me about myself. "My names Y/N", I said. "I don't really have an interesting backstory, but I look forward to working with you." I smiled softly at him, which he returned. "I suppose we should get to work now," I suggested. "I think this elevator leads to the work unit", he explained. "Our job is basically making sure the animatronics are in top shape for performances and rentals", he explained. "I believe our task list is right here on this clipboard." He walked over to a small desk area where a clip board had been left with a list of tasks for us to complete. It looked like our first task was to repair the Funtime Freddy animatronic. I followed him to the elevator and we prepared for our first task of the job.