Chapter 4: Just Focus

We started working on the Funtime Freddy animatronic by doing things such as polishing the finish and checking each of his limbs and parts to make sure they were wired correctly. Michael did most of the wiring, as I was still quite new to all of this. I thought I did a good job of polishing though. "So", I said. "I suppose we should try to get to know each other a little more since we'll be working together each night." We talked for awhile about our interests, and what we did on our free time. Michael told me about his favorite show, and how invested he was in the story about a vampire and his distressed mistress. "Sounds interesting", I replied. "I'll have to give it a watch." We sat there and talked while we worked, and I couldn't help but notice his features in the now better lighted room. He had broad shoulders, side parted black hair and a defined jawline that gave him a masculine look, yet his eyes and mouth seemed boyish when he smiled. His eyes were soft, and the way he swiftly moved while he worked was almost mesmerizing. His hands were fairly large and trembled slightly when he was super focused. Noticing all of this made it hard for me to focus on my work. He was really handsome, and I couldn't hold back that feeling of butterflies in my stomach when we made eye contact. The way he smiled...that cute boyish grin. I couldn't believe I was allowing myself to think these things about someone I just met- someone who was my co worker. By the time our shift had ended, I had barely noticed. I had been so focused on him that I had clearly lost track of time. We started packing our tools up and prepared to go back through Funtime Foxy's area. "Ready?" He asked with a smile. "Y-yeah," I said, smiling back. He did as before, and offered me a hand as we left the room. My heart melted as I nodded and took his hand, and we ventured through the space between the repair room and the control module to end our first shift together, and as I left for home that day, my mind was on him and only him. I couldn't wait to see him again for the next shift.