1 | ONE

The soft breeze swayed the golden fur on Isaiah's body, the refreshing air an aftermath of last night's pouring rain

The soft breeze swayed the golden fur on Isaiah's body, the refreshing air an aftermath of last night's pouring rain. It gave him a familiar satisfaction; an early morning run was truly pleasing, where he was alone and free of responsibilities and duties—even if it lasted for a short period of time. 

He took an inhale of the environment around him through his snout. The scent of the air was especially gratifying, the unique earthy smell combined with a foggy mist, humidifying Isaiah's surroundings. The air was to his liking, as it produced a calming effect on him, the forest a—

Alpha, he would like to have a word with you, regarding territory claims. A male voice broke his train of thoughts. Logan. His Beta.

I'll be there in a few minutes. Isaiah responded through his pack's mind link. Goddess, couldn't he have any time to himself?

The so-called he was the insolent creature he was attempting to avoid. Persistent, Isaiah would give him that, but not in the good way. Isaiah couldn't stand him, he was insufferable, exasperating, and overall a complete nuisance. 

Let's stay here, Leo pleaded into Isaiah's mind, I don't want to go back. Isiah sighed, his conscious agreeing with him, but his body taking no course of action from Leo's words. Instead he turned back and started running back to the pack house. 

You know we can't, Isaiah replied, we have obligations and responsibilities that we must maintain. I don't want to see that asshole any more than you do, but we have to get back. 

You and your responsibilities, Leo muttered in distaste, why must that idiotic fool always ruin everything?

[···]

In just a few minutes, they had made it back into the pack house. Isaiah shifted back into his human form, walking through the doors inside. Making his way past others, mutters of "morning, Alpha," and "welcome back, Alpha" were spoken to him, to which he nodded firmly. It made him content that his pack members addressed him with respect. 

Isaiah could smell the imbecile's scent throughout the pack house, and fuck, it was really strong and really pissing him off. Isaiah hated his scent.

He recognized Logan standing near a table in the living room, his arms crossed, chatting with a fellow beta. As his eyes landed on Isaiah, Logan offered him a small grin, but Isaiah noticed it was slightly forced. "What's going on?" 

"Well," Logan appeared somewhat uneasy, "Jax has... uh, requested some certain land claims." 

"Meaning?" 

"He's asked for more land for his pack, Isaiah." 

Isaiah furrowed his brows, "I don't see much of an issue here. If the imbecile wants land, then he wants land. This has nothing to do with us."