10 | TEN

Jax threw a smirk over his shoulder, and then he let the ball drop from his hands with vigorous force

Jax threw a smirk over his shoulder, and then he let the ball drop from his hands with vigorous force. The ball landed on the lane with a loud thud and advanced with intense momentum. Although, the bowling ball was at an angle, and halfway through travelling the lane, it progressed onto the side, avoiding the pins completely. 

Jax ran a hand through his hair, before picking up another bowling ball. This time, the momentum of the ball had an even more increased acceleration, and the ball went the side of the lane even faster than the previous time, dodging the pins entirely once more. He had failed, again. 

Leo snickered. What a loser.

Jax groaned, throwing his head back and returning to their seats. Isaiah lifted his eyebrows, a taunting expression directed towards Jax. But Jax didn't notice, he was too preoccupied with staring at the screen on top which would present their points. The screen had the word miss displayed in big, bright letters, mocking Jax for his failed attempt. Then it changed to the score chart, where Jax's score was at zero. 

Jax turned back to Isaiah. "Why the hell is my name moron?" 

Isaiah looked up, and noticed the word moron in place for Jax's name. Oh yeah, he forgot he did that. "It's because that's what you're defined as."

Jax walked towards the seat Isaiah sat in, and took a seat next to him. Isaiah's hand was placed on the seat, and Jax placed his hand atop of Isaiah's. The contact of Jax's skin sent an electric warmth to Isaiah's body and mind, heat fluttering up Isaiah's arm. 

Jax leaned in close, gazing at Isaiah with those bold, confident eyes. "You're too mean to me, baby." His voice was a whisper, breath fanning at Isaiah's gradually warming cheeks. Ugh, another attempt at teasing Isaiah and breaking his composure. 

Isaiah rolled his eyes and moved his hand astray from Jax's, faintly irritated at his hand that was suddenly void of warmth. His exterior was unaffected by Jax's display of ridiculous affection, although his interior was absolutely conscious and screaming at the physical contact from Jax.

He picked up a ball assiduously, endeavoring to line it up against the pins that were at a distance. With a calculated throw, he let go of the ball, watching as it leisurely made its way to the pins in a steady rhythm. The ball knocked down almost all the pins, just missing two which were proudly standing on opposite sides. 

Picking up another ball, Isaiah aimed for the side, and the ball gradually advanced, knocking the pin down when it reached its end. Isaiah returned back to the seats, looking up at the screen to see that he had nine points. 

He made his way back to the seat, sitting next to a bewildered and gaping Jax. Genuine shock delineated Jax's features. "What the fuck? Since when were you good at bowling?" 

Isaiah shrugged, "I wasn't." He was unimpressed by his efforts. It was just throwing a ball to knock down a few pins. There wasn't anything too difficult about it.