Prologue

As Marinette stared up at Clifton Prep, she couldn't help but remember the first time she'd come here. Only a year had passed but everything that had happened all seemed so far away. Even now, her father's death seemed to be fading. Although she missed him daily, that day, too, seemed like a distant nightmare.

Last year's drama had dissipated into a summer of travel, romance, and hard work. Her time spent as an intern to a costume designer had not been wasted. Marinette returned to school feeling more prepared to tackle this year's fashion classes and eventually form a career for herself.

"Are you ready?" her boyfriend slipped his hand in hers.

She smiled and looked at into his gentle blue eyes. "I'm ready."

Luka's recently touched up blue hair shined in the sunlight. Even though his summer tour was over, his agency made sure he was concert-ready at all times.

Marinette missed the days when Luka's roots showed through, before his name was on the lips of every girl they ran into at the store... Before he was anything other than the boy she'd grown up with.

"Oh my gosh! Is that Luka Couffaine?" A group of girls were gathering on the steps. They giggled in excitement, phones flashing as the snapped photos.

Marinette had gotten used to that over the summer. Luka had fangirls. Lots of them.

He gave a half wave as three or four girls approached him. His hand slipped from hers as he reached out to sign phone cases, shirts, and schoolbooks.

Marinette looked away. She let out a breath.

She was ready.

I'm back with more drama! @kittycat0210