Promises

Chloe paced outside Luka and Adrien's door. Marinette didn't want either of their help, but Chloe knew they would if she asked. Out of respect, she would t ask Adrien. Besides she was still mad at him.

But Marinette and Luka were still pretty friendly, even though they had broken up. Saving Marinette's pride wasn't worth her mom losing the bakery.

Chloe turned away from the door though. She couldn't risk Adrien being there too. She'd have to find another way to talk to Luka. As Chloe walked downstairs, she stopped at a bulletin board in the main foyer. There was a big poster for a fan sign event for Luka's EP.

She tilted her head. She did have a copy, and Luka would be forced to talk to her. They had been avoiding each other since he'd abandoned her at last year school dance. The thought of it still stung, especially when she's genuinely felt something for him. Feelings he hadn't returned.

But she could swallow her pride, too. Marinette was worth it.

Chloe quickly whipped out her phone and signed up for the fan meet. Then she headed up to her dorm, which was thankfully empty since Marinette was in the sewing room. Chloe dig out her copy of Luka's cd.

This was so embarrassing.

But if it was the only way she could talk to Luka, she'd do it.

Later that afternoon, Chloe found herself among a throng of squealing fans. She felt out of place. Not because she wasn't a fan. She loved his music. But these girls had never met Luka and she'd known him since before he became famous.

Finally, it was her turn. She set the cd down on the table. Luka didn't even look up as he signed it. His fingers seemed stiff.

"So this is what it takes to talk to you," she said.

He looked up in surprise. "Chloe?" Luka's eyes flashed apologetically. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was you. I spend so much signing I forget to look up."

"I need to talk to you about something," she said. Chloe was careful not to smudge the signature as she picked up the cd.

"Oh yeah?" Luka was all ears.

Behind her, some girls started complaining. "Who does she think she is?"

Chloe ignored them. "Can we talk next time we're back at school?"

"Juleka's backstage," he said. "My manager can take you. We can talk after."

Chloe twitched at the states from behind her. "Uh sure."

She let Luka's manager take her backstage. A little over an hour later, he came flying back. "So what's up?"

Chloe took a deep breath. She carefully explained the situation. How they were trying to help Marinette save her mom's bakery and make sure she went to NYU.

"She got into NYU?" His eyes widened. "Wow, that's so great."

Chloe tried not to grit her teeth as hurt seared through her chest.

"I can definitely help," Luka said.

"Really? A benefit concert would be great!" Chloe said.

"Actually, I have an idea, but I won't tell you yet."

"Awesome." She gave him a tense smile. "I should get going."

"Wait!" Luka took her hand. "I need to apologize. I wasn't fair to you last year, especially at the dance. I judged you without getting to know you, and I'm really sorry."

Chloe swallowed the lump in her throat. "Don't worry about it." She kept her eyes on the tiled floor, not wanting him to see the hurt.

"Can we start over?"

"Sure." She just wanted to get away. Chloe couldn't just be friends with Luka. Not when she had feelings for him. "Oh, by the way, we're not telling Adrien. It would just be too much for Marinette. You can keep this a secret, right?"

"Right."

***
Luka paced his room. He still had mixed feelings about his roommate, especially since Adrien was his ex-girlfriend's ex boyfriend. But he didn't feel right about keeping this secret from Adrien.

He'd also made a promise to Chloe, and he had let her down too many times already.

This was bigger than them though. This was Marinette's future.

The door opened and Luka met Adrien's green eyes.

"I need to tell you something."

@jennie0209 thank you for being patient
Also, I'm finally making Adrienette endgame. It's just taken a minute lol