Sixteen

Kaname indeed did rent an SUV, and had it packed up with all of the necessities for a road trip. Zero sat in the passenger seat as Kaname drove, not saying much while looking out the window. His attire was some joggers and a sweatshirt; comfort was very important to him, after all. The sound of the radio was playing softly with the sound of the wind hitting the vehicle. Zero subconsciously hummed along, not paying any attention to Kaname glancing at him often. Zero was tired, but he didn't want Kaname to find out about that. It was possibly his one and only chance to get out and explore a little bit of the world that he had been closed off to for so long. He wondered if he would have been living a normal, happy life had he been healthy. Would he have went to college? Gotten married? Had kids? 

Nah, probably not. He wasn't the kind of guy to want things like that. He would have probably just found an easy-going job that paid decent money and hang out with a few friends every once in a while. He sighed to himself as he stared out the window intently. The scenery became much less city-like as they drove, stopping occasionally to stretch their limbs. Zero eventually dozed off, succumbing to the tiredness he had been fighting for hours. He wasn't one to normally fall asleep in a car, but he couldn't fight it anymore. When he finally opened his eyes, he was being gently shaken by Kaname. 

"Hey, wake up. We're gonna crash at this hotel tonight." he said quietly. Zero blinked several times before realizing that it was dark and rather cold outside. He opened his door and stepped out, nearly letting the jacket that was draped over him fall to the ground. Luckily, he was able to stop it before that happened. He noticed that it was Kaname's jacket, and nonchalantly put it over his shoulders to keep him warm. The hotel wasn't a fancy one, a shock considering how loaded Kaname seemed to be. "I figured a road trip would feel more authentic if we stayed at a local hotel like this. I looked it up, so it's clean but it isn't like a fancy chain hotel. It'll be good enough for sleeping and a shower." Kaname said as he rounded the car with a few bags on his shoulder. He walked toward the strip of rooms that lined buildings with Zero in tow. 

"This place is cozy. I like the one bed thing going on." Zero stated after he walked into the room, sitting on the bed in the middle of the room. He looked at Kaname as he set down the bags and began rummaging for things. 

"Yeah, they don't have a lot of double rooms so they didn't have one open. I can sleep in the chair, it doesn't bother me." Kaname said walking past Zero on the bed to grab a pillow off the bed. He didn't seem bothered or irritated, which was surprising just because of how he was. Zero reached out to snag Kaname's shirt before he passed by fully. Kaname looked down at Zero, but he was looking to the side to avoid the gaze. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but his heart wanted something. "What is it?" Kaname asked quietly. 

"You don't have to sleep in the chair... If you don't want to, that is." Zero replied, his voice quiet. Zero was normally sure of his words, and he never really cared about taking a kind tone at any point, so why was he acting shy now? It wasn't like they hadn't spent a night in the same room before, but for some reason, there was something different. Kaname turned to face Zero, bending down slightly and gently turning Zero's face towards him. Their eyes met finally, and Kaname clenched his jaw. 

"I'm going to do something that you might now like, so tell me if you don't and I'll stop." his voice was quiet and gentle, a soothing sound to Zero. His heart seemed to start running around in his chest for some reason. Before he knew it, Kaname closed the distance between them and his lips landed on Zero's. It was a shock at first, but once the shock was gone, it was a pleasant surprise. Zero closed his eyes and slowly kissed back, bringing his arms up to wrap around Kaname's shoulders. The kiss seemed to grow deeper and deeper by the minute, the only sounds coming from their breathing and the occasional smacks. Eventually, the two pulled apart again. "Sorry. I was being inappropriate." Kaname said.

"It's not like I hated it, you know. I would have decked you if I didn't like it." Zero said, looking at the wall and pouting slightly. Kaname chuckled a bit. Zero cleared his throat. "I, uh, wouldn't mind doing it again.... And maybe some other things as well." he said, causing Kaname to smirk a little bit and quirk an eyebrow. 

"How far down the line are we talking, when you say 'other things'?" Kaname asked, making Zero flinch at the question. He didn't expect to have to answer to what he said. He was hoping that Kaname wouldn't hear him, as his voice was really quiet towards the end. 

"You can't just let me die a virgin, you know." Zero said, finally looking at Kaname again, his resolve steeled. Kaname just looked at him for a moment. 

"There is absolutely no way that you are a virgin."

"Oh, so now you're going to fuck with me about that?" Zero asked, his tone a little more aggressive but not really. 

"I just find it hard to believe that someone like you could be a virgin. You've had to have had at least one girl or guy want you." Kaname said, being completely honest. Zero might be deathly ill, but since he was still hot, he could only imagine how good he looked when he was still healthy. Zero lowered his eyes, seeming to be a little self-conscious again.

"I'm not exactly a likeable or approachable person. If someone liked me, they never told me. I was always an asshole, that hasn't really changed." Kaname immediately felt bad for what he said, but at the same time, he was a little irritated about what he said. He resumed his position in front of Zero, forcing him to look at him in the eyes again. 

"I think you are very likeable. Anyone that thinks otherwise is probably just a pussy. Now, if you want me to stop at any time, I will do my best. I hope it's the best time you ever had in your life." Kaname said with nothing but seriousness in his soft voice. Soon, clothes were discarded and the two kissed softly as their skin touched. Every touch left by Kaname left Zero's skin warm like electricity was being used. Kaname, being prepared as always, brought out a bottle of lube from a bag and began prepping Zero. His fingers began stretching the man slowly and gently. Kaname kissed Zero's neck as he did so as to distract him from any uncomfortable feelings if possible. Looking at Zero, Kaname felt as though he was finally filling a hole in him that he never knew was empty. He felt like this was the final piece to the puzzle as the two passionately made love to one another. 

It's going to hurt so bad if he dies.