Chapter 1

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

Delilah was about to resumed the memory when Damon suddenly said, "Wait. Why are you in this...well, I'm assuming it's a storage room?"

"Uh..." Delilah said before she exchanged glances with her siblings who looked at her in sadness and she sighed as she looked back at the confused brothers and said, "This is my bedroom."

"What!" Damon shouted out shocked, she slept in a storage room?

"You can't be serious." Stefan said as surprised as his brother, it took a while for the brothers to process before the anger on their faces was evident.

"They put you in a storage room?" Damon asked enraged at their gall to put an 11 year old in a storage room of all places. 

"Wait, how long have you stayed here?" Stefan asked concerned as he looked around the cramped space, there was barely any room in here.

"I used to share Lena's room until my accidental magic became more obvious, then they moved me to the storage room for fear of me hurting her and, well, it's been my bedroom for most of my life." Delilah said honestly and they only became more infuriated at this.

"What about now?" Stefan asked her hoping it wasn't.

"It's still my bedroom but remember I told you I made changes to Lena and Jerbear's rooms well I did make quite a few to mine as well." Delilah said trying to assure them that everything was fine.

"Still, you shouldn't have been there in the first place because of something you couldn't control." Damon said now feeling more sad than angry at her reassuring words.

"It's ok Damie, everything's fine now." Delilah said hoping to calm him and Stefan down.

 "It's not fine though Lilah. I just can't believe your own parents would keep you here." Stefan said shaking his head at their cruelty, it wasn't right to keep a child in such conditions. Delilah sighed not knowing what to say.

"How old were you when they moved you here?" Damon asked her and his voice clearly told her that he wanted the truth right now.

"I was six." Delilah mumbled reluctantly, expecting the explosion that followed.

"This was your bedroom for 12 years?! Those bastards." Damon cursed them to hell and back.

"Damon leave it be, it's fine." Delilah said firmly not wanting her siblings to hear him curse them when they were dead.

"Lilah, it's fine, no matter how much it hurts, they deserve it." Elena said understanding why her sister wouldn't let them curse them.

"Yeah they may be our parents and we'll always love them but what they did to you was wrong." Jeremy agreed with her.

"But you still shouldn't have to hear it guys." Delilah sighed.

"Lilah they deserve it and you can't expect them to hold it in after what they're seeing, we're used to it, they're not. I mean to be honest after he hit you I wanted to say something myself." Jeremy said and the reminder only had Damon looking more angry than before, so Delilah calmed him down as she touched his arm lightly in reassurance and he visibly relaxed as she quickly moved her hand not even looking at him as she resumed the memory though she felt the warmth of his gaze on the side of her face.

They watched her younger self turn to her owl as she said, "I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school." Hedwig nibbles at her lock, squawking loudly as Delilah continues, "Besides, if father..."

"Girl!" They heard her father shout from downstairs and the brothers looked angry again at the fact that he hadn't used her name again.

"No, it's a boy." Delilah's younger self said with fake enthusiasm under her breath and the onlookers snorted at her. She then closes the album and rolls her eyes before she goes downstairs not before saying to Hedwig, "Thanks a lot Hed, now you've done it."