Chapter 2

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries 

"What the devil are you doing?" Grayson asked through gritted teeth as he grabbed the back of her hair and pulled her closer to him causing them both to hiss in pain as the others looked at her future self in concern as she held the back of her head.

"God, I hate this, why are you feeling everything?" Damon asked annoyed and infuriated beyond belief, seeing her in pain made whatever was left of his heart clench and he hated the feeling.

"I don't know Damie." Delilah said trying to ignore the stinging pain of her scalp, it reminded her too much of Greyback, he used to pull her hair so hard when he used to use her, she had actually cut her hair so short after what had happened when she had had a panic attack after she had tried to brush her hair, the knot in her hair that had caused her pain when she had pulled had triggered it and in her panic, she had chopped off all her hair. Mione had been the one to help her and after getting her permission, she had gradually lengthened her hair with magic day by day until she got used to it, there were still some minor panic attacks regarding her hair but Mione had never left her alone but right now, it was bringing back the memories for her and she was starting to feel a little lightheaded.

"One more sound and you'll wish you'd never been born, girl!" Grayson shouted before pushing her away from him using her hair before stomping flat out the room shutting the door behind him, not even caring that she had fallen back and had hit her head against the wall, hard, causing her to see stars for a second as she slumped against the wall. Delilah gasped at this and they turned towards her alarmed when the memory paused, her skin was ashen, her breathing rate increased and she looked like she would faint any second. Damon immediately pulled her in his arms in concern but she pushed him away as he looked at her hurt before it changed to worry when she began backing away from them into the wall behind her.

She held her throat as she said, "I-I...I c-can't...I can't b-breathe." They all went towards her but she flinched away from them and they were confused but as Elena stepped forwards she didn't so she walked until she was in front of her sister before gently encircling her arms around her in comfort. The others looked confused, why had she flinched away from them and not Elena, they all then began connecting the dots after a minute or so when Delilah calmed down from another one of her panic attacks. "Sorry guys, I just...I just remembered. I...He...um...never mind." Delilah said not being able to talk about him again.

"It's alright, you don't need to say anything, we understand," Stefan said gently, and unfortunately they all did, she had spoken of the guy choking her so pulling her hair as well wasn't far off the marks and clearly the pain had triggered the panic attack. It was why she was comfortable with Elena and not the others because they were men like the guy who had hurt her so badly in ways they couldn't even dwell on for a second before feeling the urge to rip someone's head off, preferably his. Delilah looked at him gratefully before she resumed the memory trying to push away the pain she could still feel.

Trembling as she held her head, she let Dobby out of the closet before sitting on her bed with her head in her hands. Dobby walked towards her in concern when he saw the tears staining her cheeks.

"See what it's like here?" She said looking up at him. "See why I've got to go back to Hogwarts? It's the only place I can be free of him and I miss my friends."

"Friends who don't even write to Delilah Potter?" Dobby said slyly and the others immediately narrowed their eyes at that.

"I expect they've just been...wait a minute," Delilah said, frowning as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "How do you know my friends haven't been writing to me?"

Dobby shuffled his feet as he said, "Delilah Potter mustn't be angry with Dobby. Dobby did it for the best..."

"Have you been stopping my letters?" Delilah asked angrily as she stood up glaring at him along with the others.

"Dobby has them here, ma'am," Dobby said as he stepped nimbly out of Delilah's reach, he pulled a thick wad of envelopes from the inside of the pillowcase he was wearing. Delilah could make out Hermione's neat writing, Ron's untidy scrawl, The twins' slightly messy writing, Blaise and Draco's elegant one and there was even a scribble that looked as though it was from the Hogwarts gamekeeper, Hagrid.

Dobby blinked anxiously up at Delilah as he said, "Delilah Potter mustn't be angry... Dobby hoped... if Delilah Potter thought her friends had forgotten her... Delilah Potter might not want to go back to school, ma'am..."

Delilah just made a grab for the letters, but Dobby jumped out of her reach as he said, "Delilah Potter will have them, ma'am, if she gives Dobby her word that she will not return to Hogwarts. Ah, ma'am, this is a danger you must not face! Say you won't go back, ma'am!"

"No," Delilah said angrily. "Give me my friends' letters!"

"Then Delilah Potter leaves Dobby no choice," The elf said sadly. Before Delilah could move, Dobby had darted to the bedroom door, pulled it open, and sprinted down the stairs. Delilah's younger self immediately sprang after him followed by the onlookers as she tried not to make a sound. She jumped the last six steps, landing catlike on the hall carpet as they all stared stunned, how had she done that before they pushed the thought away as they looked around for Dobby. From the dining room they heard Grayson saying, "...tell Miranda that very funny story you told me a week ago at Mystic Grill Richard. She's been dying to hear..." Delilah ran up the hall into the kitchen and felt her stomach disappear.

Her adoptive mother's masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby.

"No," Delilah croaked. "Please... they'll kill me...He'll kill me." The absolute fear in her voice had them all beyond worried at exactly how horrible these beatings were, she feared him so much.

"Delilah Potter must say she's not going back to school..." Dobby said.

"Dobby... please..." Delilah pleaded near to tears as she gazed at the floating cake in fear.

"Say it, ma'am..." Dobby said and the others were wondering how on earth she had become friends with him before they understood that he was just trying to save her life, how was he to know what could happen, well that logic hit everyone but Damon, who was glaring daggers at the elf for putting her in that position.