Chapter 4

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

"How could you guys have not seen something clearly wrong with your father there?" Damon asked incredulously as they all ended up on a field of grass with a house in front of them that looked like it was seconds away from toppling over.

"I-I don't know really, I mean...I guess we didn't want to see that and acknowledge it because he used to be so different with us but we did know that mom and dad always treated Lilah differently, like on Christmas, not giving her presents but giving us in front of her, as we ate the Christmas dinner mom made, dad used to make her shovel the snow outside, when we had family nights, dad used to send her to her room..." Elena was about to carry on but Delilah cut her off.

"Ok Elena, I think they get it." Delilah snapped slightly annoyed as she watched the brother's eyes turn blood red, shit, she quickly got out some of her blood pops and popped them in their mouths causing them to instantly relax and their faces to return back to normal.

"Sorry, I guess I got a bit carried away remembering all those horrible moments, I just wish I could have done more, defended you more often like Jeremy used to. Even though I was older than him, I never really said anything in front of mom and dad when they used to treat you like that, too much of a coward to go against them even though I knew they were wrong. Talking to you in private is different, I should have been more vocal in my defense of you, it was wrong of me to be quiet and I just want you to know how sorry I am for that." Elena said tears filling her eyes as she looked at her elder sister regretfully.

"I have to admit Lena, that used to hurt me a lot before but it's fine now, it doesn't really matter anymore and besides I forgave you a long time ago, there's no need to apologize, I understand that you were only a kid at the time," Delilah said with a forgiving smile on her face and tears of relief came to Elena's eyes flowing down her cheeks, Delilah rolled her eyes at that before she pulled her younger sister into a hug. "I said I forgave you, now stop crying, you're making me depressed."

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy that you forgave me," Elena said in her sister's embrace.

"Always Lena. There's nothing you could do that could ever make me stay mad at you." Delilah said as she pulled away from wiping the tears from her eyes before kissing her forehead. She ruffled her brown and golden hair from the new look she had given her, smiling down at her amused as Elena batted her hands away trying to set her hair back again. 

"Lilah, seriously?" Elena whined but she still had a smile on her face as she did so.

Delilah laughed at her before she said after calming down, "I love you Lena, don't ever think otherwise."

"I love you too Lilah," Elena said as she hugged her again before going back to her spot next to Stefan with a smile on her face.

"Where's my hug? I want a Lilah cuddle." Jeremy whined to his sister. He had completely forgotten the brothers were here until he realized what he just said, blushing a deep shade of red, he coughed as he said, "You guys didn't hear anything."

"Sure," Stefan said smiling in amusement.

"Whatever you say Little Gilbert," Damon said mockingly with a smirk on his face.

"Oh shut it, you know what, I'm not even going to be embarrassed to admit it, Lilah's cuddles are the best, they honestly make you truly forget everything in life and just relax and I'm going to stop right there before this gets weird." Jeremy shut up quickly and Delilah just laughed at him before pulling him into a hug, her right arm around his shoulders as her other wrapped around his waist, he relaxed in her comforting hold as he held her tighter to him kissing the side of her head affectionately.