Chapter 2: Faith

AN: pics of Faith's looks above :)

"Faith."

. . .

"Faith dear?"

. . .

"Faith?

"Huh?" I quickly look up from my breakfast, seeing my father staring at me with question in his eyes.

"Are you alright honey?" He questions me, making me nod my head in response. Looking a bit desperate by quickly doing so, I gulp and give him a fake smile hoping to get rid of his confusion about my behavior.

"Did you say your morning prayers?" He asks as he sits down at the table across from me, unfolding the local newspaper.

"Of course daddy." I smile as I take another bite from my eggs.

"Good girl." He smiles back before turning his attention to his paper. I look over at my younger twin brothers who play with their toy lions while eating their breakfast, I continue to eat trying to push back my thoughts that had me so distracted.

I get up and bring my plate over to the kitchen where I find my mother, cleaning the counter tops. I rinse off my plate and put it in the dishwasher as I hum along to the gospel music playing in the background, my mother sings along softly and sends me a sweet smile.

I go and grab my backpack before saying goodbye to everyone, walking out of the door to start my day. I step with a smile on my face, loving the morning walks I get to have each day to school.

The sun is barley rising, the air feels fresh, everyone is just waking up and happy. I wave to the usual neighbors who are awake every morning, walking along some of the rose bushes that are lined up in the neighborhood.

My thoughts seem to wander back though to what had me so distracted while eating breakfast, my best friend Hannah had given me a phone call last night. She had been told there was a new girl moving into town and would be attending our school. I was surprised to hear such news, but let's just say that word gets around quickly here.

Apparently, this new girl is Priest Richard's niece. Rumor has it that she is here to have the demons removed from her soul, which was kind of a stretch for myself to hear when Hannah told me. It still made it hard though to not think about the possibilities though if she really did have demons haunting her soul.

There are not many girls in upper classes that go to the high school, so I know i'm wound up to bump into her sometime today. Which makes me nervous, but I probably should push back what Hannah told me anyways. She can be a bit overdramatic and overly excited when she hears gossip. She was probably just pushing the whole demon thing into the story for dramatic effect or something.

I get to school a few minutes before class starts, saying hi to some of my friends and then going to my locker to pass the time. Hannah finds me there, wanting to gossip about the new girl which makes me roll my eyes in a playful manner.

"She's probably just like everybody else . . . you wouldn't know what she's like. You haven't met her yet." I tell her as we lean up against our lockers, side by side.

"Oh no, rumor has it that she's bad news . . . City folk I guess." Hannah then informs me making me chuckle at her silliness.

"But it's just rumors though, aren't they?" I question her which makes her shrug in uncertainty.

"I guess we'll find out soon." She tells me with an excited flare to her smile. I nod in agreement as we begin to walk to class, both of us having our English class together first period.