Chapter 5: Lucy

I lean against the church walls, trying to drown out all of the children's playful screaming and annoying conversation between house wives. The smell of smoke and burgers fill my nostrils, making me scrunch up my nose. Some guy offered me a burger, supposedly trying to be nice and all, but I didn't have the heart to take it. Meat just grosses me out, I'm not really sure why, but it has ever since I was a kid. Maybe it was because my mother was a vegetarian too.

So I hold my plate that has fruit, some potato chips, and some salad in front of me. I look around and see a lot of eyes on me, some looking at me with disgust, while some look at me with sympathy. I roll my eyes and eat my food, while looking for her. She said she would be here, but I haven't seen her yet.

Yeah, she was overly happy for me sometimes, but she is company. Someone who isn't afraid to actually talk to me. And well, she's really easy on the eyes as well, making myself unsure if I'm actually crushing on her or not. I haven't really dated anyone since my ex-girlfriend, Anna. I also highly doubt that I would be able to make a move and succeed on a girl like Faith, always wearing her cross necklace and having her bible sticking out of her backpack.

I look over to the crowds, seeing my uncle among them. Smiling and laughing as he talks to his church goers. I roll my eyes and then see Mrs. Miller picking at the food on the table with a scowl on her face. Typical. Her eye catches mine and I begin to laugh when she begins to glare at me, just pissing her off even more. I then walk around the building corner, into a more private area. I sit down against the building, placing my empty plate beside me on the ground.

I take out my I-pod and put my headphones in, blaring my music as I close my eyes and lean my head back. I smile as my mind finds some peace with the music, glad that I can escape for a bit. I know that I could just walk back to the house, maybe I could finally watch some TV because Mrs. Miller won't be there to constantly watch it. I swear, it's like she's married to the thing. I stay here though, knowing my uncle won't be happy if he found out I left. Also, I kind of want to see her if i'm being honest.

I listen to my music for a while, making myself oblivious to the hectic people around the corner. I try to keep my mind peaceful, but for some reason, I can't stop thinking about Faith. How her outfits and dresses are disgustingly kind of cute, how her lips purse when she's confused about the instructions Mrs. Abbot is giving the class, or how she twirls when she turns on her heals. Even her cute round nose, and her vibrant green eyes, both things I can't seem let disappear from my mind at the moment.

The way the hair on my arms rose, when her arm lightly touched mine while walking to the locker room. How she looks genuinely mad when the other girls whisper about me, or even sad when I talk about how I know everyone hates me here. Or even just the fact that she doesn't care what other people are thinking about her when she comes to talk to me.

My body stiffens when I feel somebody near me, I open my eyes slowly and they land on the two figures in front of me. The two twin boys stare down at me, obviously intrigued by the way their mouths hang slightly open. I look around wondering why they are over here and not with the other kids or something. I take out one of my headphones and raise an eyebrow.

"What's up?" I ask casually, they both gulp and look at each other.

"Are you Lucy?" The one on the left asks me, scratching at his arm. Both their blonde hair being spiked up, green eyes staring down at me with wonder.

"Yes I am." I nod my head, pushing up my sunglasses on to the top of my head to get a better view of the two boys.

"Who's that on your arm?" The other one asks, making me look down at my Amy Whinehouse silhouette tattoo on my forearm.