Chapter 11

In the shadows it lurked watching everything around eagerly waiting for the right time to strike stretching out it's four arms eating whatever was left of it's last latest victim sounds of a horse attracted the things attention, it dashed over grass and dirt prying eyes on two men riding horses at high speed when they both found themselves in a ambush by a group of bandits This thing was out for bloodlust and a group of bandits seemed the perfect opportunity for killing the two men escaped the ambush leaving behind a very happy group.

"Did you guys see how scared they were"

"It was a hoot shame they managed to get away"

"Who cares i recognised one of them i already sent out another group after them"

"So what do we do now?"

Before the bandit leader could answer screams originated inside a cabin hut where they injured were kept for assistance "Ready your weapons" The leader said ushering his team inside to find blood splatters everywhere windows busted with claw marks scratched into the walls "Did an animal do this" One of them asked to no response, The door behind them slammed shut with screams of bandits echoing from the other side "Men keep your guns on that door" The leader shouted taking out his weapon to fire at the door.

A claw burst through the floor dragging two of the bandits away leaving the bandit leader by himself for the rest of them made a run for it but judging by the screams he could hear they didn't get far, Armed with only a couple shots remaining the claw burst through the roof cutting deep into his shoulder the bandit yelled out in pain falling against the wall blood pouring out his wound his vision started going blurry the sounds of the door opening drew his attention looking to see a figure approach him.

"Hello can you hear me?"

"You need to leave now?"

"You need help"

The bandit leader tried his best at warning the 16 year old boy unexpectedly the claw burst through his stomach spraying blood over the kid "Run" was the last words he muttered as he was dragged away by the creature, The Young boy legged it out the hut jumping on his horse racing away from whatever horror transpired there.

(Y/N Pov)

I followed the tracks to a ranch they're were three horses waiting outside i wiped blood off my face the things that happened at that hut baffled me too much no way could an ordinary infected do that.

Inside the house Tommy sat in the living room he pointed upstairs to let me know where the other two were i could hear the two of them arguing from one of the rooms slowly making my way towards the room i quietly listened in.

"Everyone i have ever cared for has either died or left me. Everyone fucking except from you."

"So don't tell me that i would be safer with someone else because the truth is i would just be more scared."

"Your right.... You're not my daughter and i sure as hell ain't your dad and we are going our separate ways."

"Say what you want to hurt me but guess what it won't work because deep down i know you care for me, My life before you guys was me being kept inside but now i have seen so many beautiful inspiring things in short you and Y/N gave me a reason to live again"

Tommy came up behind me "We have company" entering the room Ellie gave me only a measly smile i loaded my shotgun and handed my pistol to Ellie "I think i want you to keep this for a while" Ellie looked at me weirdly "But it represents your family" She tried giving it back to me "No, keep it i finally made peace with my sister and you are important to me so take it".

We cleared the house of the bandits "We're clear" Joel said checking outside all the bandits either fled or are all dead the latter of the two didn't really matter to me "You want a hand up" Tommy asked Ellie "I got it" she mounted her horse we were all ready to go and started making out way back.