Chapter 13

Lurking through the streets climbing up the side of a building stalking a group of fireflies the creature had become obsessed with them ever since being at the university building after a moment of observation it attacked the group ripping through two of them hurling a dead body at another guy sending him into a group of infected the screams gave pleasure to the creature the only surviving member ran away only looking back after hearing a high pitched screech and it was now in pursuit of him.

The fireflie member hid behind a crate waiting to attack the creature not only was that a stupid plan but wasn't even executed well by the man as the creature sniffed him grabbing his throat and throwing him through a window.

The creature enjoyed tormenting it's victims it jumped in the room to see the fireflie crawling away so it just dragged him back turning the poor lad around to thrust it's long fingernails into his eyes murdering the fireflie and the creature crushed the dead body's head when it noticed the backpack being open and decided to give it a look finding a map with the location of the other fireflies and the creature quickly left the room on the way to destroy more fireflies.

Ellie blurred out the voices keeping focused on images carved into stone in front of her it reminded her of simpler times "Ellie" Joel asked waiting for an answer "Did you hear Anything i said" he asked looking at her with concern "No, what" Ellie said back keeping her attention on the carving Joel let out a huff "Y/N went ahead to inspect the area and there is a sign, This is where we get off" He waved her over with a soft sigh "Let's go kiddo."

Y/N's decision to scout ahead was the plan he made up to let Joel and Ellie bond a little more "You feel that breeze? On a day like this, I'd just sit on my porch and pick away at my six string" Joel spoke to Ellie softly trying to lighten the mood she was still unresponsive which was unusual for Ellie "You know once were done with this whole thing, I'm gonna teach you how to play guitar, I'd reckon you would really like that" Ellie stayed quiet like her mind was elsewhere "Ellie I'm talking to you" Ellie finally reacted to him "Huh, Sounds great" She said half-excited and clearly didn't want to continue talking.

Y/N scouted two dead fireflie bodies checking them over they're wounds weren't caused by any normal infected let alone any clicker another fireflie slowly strut towards the man had been killed by infected but the scars on his chest gave Y/N the indication of whatever killed the other two left this man for the infected to finish off "Never had a chance" Y/N thought after killing the infected fireflie he searched the body to find a note book with one page in it.

"Today Marlene planned for us to scout the city looking for the people bringing the immune kid if you asked me this is a stupid idea because of the chances of seeing them the squad was ready to roll out it was Myself, Shelly, Cole and our team leader Mikael who seems to think they're is something even more dangerous out there who knows maybe we will bag a Immune kid"

"Arthur"

The Note book contained a picture of the team to which i could see who was which Arthur, Shelly and Cole laid dead no sign of Mikael this could be worthwhile if he survived then he could help us out.

Following footprints to see glass on the ground for a broken window and a fireflie pendent on the ground "Mikael James" Y/N climbed in the window to see a pile of blood with pieces of flesh scattered about things weren't going as planned a trial of blood lead Y/N into a living to which the dead body of Mikael hung upside down head crushed to pieces on the ground written in blood "The fireflies will burn" clearly someone or something has a hatred for them.

Mikael didn't reveal anything significant he was picked clean leaving the place Y/N caught up to Ellie and Joel "I've been on a plane, isn't that weird" Ellie said to Joel as they were staring at a bus with a plane painted on the side "Dreams are weird" Joel replied with a huff he did that a lot "Dreams are dreams i say they either are good or bad you never know but i wouldn't think too much about them" Ellie smiled seeing me appear i couldn't help but blush at that fact.