Chapter 12

(Ellie's Pov)

Winter

This David was really off to me for how much he seemed to be calm "Alright, Let's head back on back check on that buck of yours "Just keep up your end" i scoffed at him not even remotely amused at the current situation.

He started tending to the fire "We make a pretty good team" "We got lucky" I sat down looking upon the fire thinking about Joel and Y/N how much i wanted Joel to get better but i really wish Y/N was here to keep me company i can only imagine the bandits put him down and he wasn't walking around as an infected. "Lucky? No, no.... No such thing as luck. No you see i believe everything happens for a reason."

I looked at him and shook my head "I Do and i can prove it to you now this winter has been especially cruel. A few weeks back, I ah... sent a group of men out to the nearest town to look for food. Only a few came back" I listened to in to what he was saying keeping my hand firmly on my bow "They said that the others had been uh slaughtered by a crazy man and get this, he's a crazy man travelling with a little girl and boy."

I grabbed my bow "You see everything happens for a reason" aiming my bow at him "Now don't get upset it's not your fault you're just a kid" James walked in with the medicine and tossed it to me par David's request that he kept his gun holstered, James started laughing looking at me taking out something off his back.

"Recognise this"

James held out the baseball that was covered in blood and dented i knew straight away what it was "Where did you get that" they had officially pissed me off "You know where i got it from, the boy put up a good fight but a knife in shoulder does the trick" I let fired an arrow into James thigh he let out a happy laugh "Enough just go" David said pulling out the arrow as i made my escape.

(No one's Pov)

Y/N stood on the deck at his family's cabin he knew this wasn't real for right now he was probably walking among the dead "Figures i end up here" Y/N thought to himself skipping a stone "Hello Son" his dad's voice came from behind him.

"I guess if i can see and talk to you then i am indeed dead" Y/N didn't even look at his father continuing to skip stones it didn't matter if his father was dead Y/N still hated him with every fibre of his being "You aren't dead".

Y/N turned around confused and wanting answers "What are you talking about?" Y/N stepped closer towards his father "This place acts as gateway for someone in mid death condition" Y/N's father rubbed his face with a smile "Basically Son if you haven't realised your immune to the infection like the girl you like".

Hearing Ellie's name brought out a smile on Y/N's face "At this moment you are out cold and you need to wake up" Leonard L/N put a hand on his sons shoulder "I wasn't the best father i will admit but i did love you" Y/N hugged his father a tear rolling down his face "I have to go now" Leonard said walking away from his son "Before i go little bit of fatherly advice i wouldn't wait too long before confessing your feelings."

(Y/N Pov)

I awoke with my hands tied to the ceiling my gear sat on a table except from baseball bat i remembered that guy picked it up back at the university a door swung open with a man walking through "Good, Your awake" The man took a seat glaring at me "I am going to kill you when i get free" frustrated i kicked the gate holding me feeling like i could rip the rope holding me "You know we found the girl you were with" David licked his lips giving me an unwanted feeling "If you touch one hair on her head your death won't be quick and meaningless."

"Hahahahahahaha"

David laughed manically fully giving in to his insane side "I will strip the flesh from her bones and feed you leftovers" he left the room leaving a guard to watch over me the grunt banged on the gate thinking i would fear him "Not a chance" i thought tugging at the rope, it came down from the ceiling and i used it to choke the life out of the guard killing him I swapped clothes with the guard so i would blend in with the rest of them while i figured out where Ellie was being kept hopefully they wouldn't catch on to the fact i escaped.

A heard a commotion from a man screaming only Ellie could do that from a crack in a door Ellie was slammed on a table she bit one of the guys "I warned you" David raised the knife i got ready to burst in the room only thing that made me stop was Ellie shouting " I'm infected!" as bold of a move it is i clicked on to what she was trying to do "Right there. Roll up my sleeve".

"What the hell is that"

"She would've turned by now. It can't be real"

"Looks pretty fucking real to me!"

Ellie took of advantage of James losing his grip and stabbed him on the neck she rolled off the table as David tried shooting her with a gun but he missed allowing her to get away "Stupid idiot" David kicked James who was surprisingly still alive leaving him bleeding on the floor.

James tried clotting up his wound and i noticed he was carrying my bat entering the room i walked behind him and brought the full force of my foot on his leg breaking it James yelled out in pain but i quickly shut him with a punch to the face "Glad we could continue what you started at the university James" the look of terror rained all over his face.

"My old friend" 

It felt good to have my bat again it gave me comfort plus things wouldn't feel right without it James tried crawling away but i stopped him by permanently breaking both his kneecaps "You ain't running from me" i positioned myself with my bat ready to swing for James most prised body part "Where would David chase Ellie off too" i asked indicating to what i planned to do "Idk exactly where but it kind of is a meal gathering place" James looked genuine in his answer so i decided not to inflict any more damage to his below area "Please don't kill me i ain't the leader nor am i useful to you" I sniggered to myself "Thank you for the information" i said pulling out my pistol and ending James life with one bullet.

Following Ellie's tracks i killed a couple cannibals on my way rounding a corner i bumped into someone due to it snowing i couldn't get a good look at who i was but i was grabbed against a wall "Y/N" i recognised the voice it was hard not to "Joel" i patted the hurt man on his shoulder "Where's Ellie" he asked "I don't know I'm trying to find her."

We looked around when both of us looked at a bright light of fire in the distance "I think that's her" Joel spoke hurrying up as i followed because of his injury i was faster than him i only hoped Ellie was alright.

I could hear fighting inside the building i could see Ellie struggling to fight off David so i didn't think about it and busted through a window inside i found Ellie on top of David slamming a machete into his head "Ellie" i shouted wrapping her in a hug so she would drop the machete Joel soon came running in "Don't fucking touch me!" she yelled.

"Hey, it's okay, it's just me" i just held Ellie in my arms as she struggled until she finally looked at "You're okay" i said putting my hand on her face "How are you here?" Ellie was about to start crying "He tried to-" I looked at the dead body of David and spat at him i tightened my hold on her "You're okay I'm right here" i said as she started to cry.

Joel rubbed her back "I'll give you privacy but don't take too long" Ellie sat down on a table chair as i looted David's body for a few things back at Ellie i wiped the blood off her face looking at her in the eyes "I missed you" i heard her mutter i just pulled her in for a kiss that lasted for five minutes and it was amazing "I know this is not the best time to do this but would you want to be my girlfriend" Ellie's face lite up from me asking that "Yes" she said kissing me on the lips.

"Finally" Joel said chapping on a door frame "We have to go" he said calm as i took Ellie's hand with me.

"i got a girlfriend"