Young Love - [B.B x Reader]

A/N: I realise, they are all Benedict so far but I will eventually write Anthony/Colin/Eloise <3 If anyone wants to request, you are more than welcome!

------

Growing up with eight people that weren't your own blood siblings was quite strange to society's standards, but you had loved the fact that your Mama and Violet Bridgerton were the best of friends.

You were far close in age to Benedict, and he was by your side the whole way through your life. He was your childhood sweetheart. Not that your brain comprehended that until your late teens. You were one and six when you first started to realise these feelings for Benedict. He was a little older than you, but not by much. He also, didn't realise straight away. In fact, he had waited until your first season.

"Benedict, give me that!" You were chasing Benedict around the large back garden of his estate. You were but twelve years old and he fourteen. Both of your families were extremely close, you classed all the Bridgerton's as your siblings.

"You will have to chase me forever." Benedict laughed; his breathing staggered. He was holding your diary (of all things, you thought!) as he was running by a tree, holding it to catch his breath.

"I will read it to you page to page, if you just give it back!" You were now holding the trunk of the tree, you kept moving side to side to see him, his face full of glee at your discomfort.

"I rather think that is a lie." He began to open the diary, "Does it possibly have something to do with boy?"

You had written of how you were fascinated by Benedict, suddenly. You wrote that you were perhaps developing a fancy on somebody, but never once writing the name down in case something like this happened.

"Benedict Bridgerton!" Came the voice of Violet, Benedict's mother, "give that back to Lady Y/L/N, it is very ungentlemanly of you."

Rolling his eyes, he handed it back to you, reluctantly may I add.

4 Years Later

"I say Y/N, you look magnificent." Benedict said in awe.

You were now sixteen years of age and Benedict eighteen. He was off to Oxford and would be away from his family home for some time, which meant you weren't going to see him very often. His family had organised a leaving party for him and due to Violet, being well, Violet, she did not care of your age.

Everyone was always welcome at Bridgerton house.

You were wearing a simple pale green dress, your hair pinned back to the top of your head and your matching green gloves to match. Your Mama had insisted that green was your colour, and with the way Benedict was looking at you, maybe she was right.

"Oh no – do not be silly." You replied, placing your arm in the crook of his elbow. He looked magnificent but he always did, effortlessly, without trying.

"I am not being silly." He whispered into your ear, which made you smile and shake your head at the same time.

The night had gone on with you two throwing glances at each other, making jokes and the occasional pea being flung onto your side of the dinner table. He was so childish, but you loved that about him.

And what would Bridgerton house be without a dance, of course.

You had never danced before, as you were too young to attend a ball, you only had two years left without them. You had been taught by your dance teacher at your home, so you knew how not to step on another's toes.