Fool - [B.B x Reader]

A/N: Again, another Benedict one lol sorry he's just my favourite and I write a lot of him, clearly! <3

------

Benedict had been the love of your life ever since you saw him at your first debut. He had asked to dance with you, and you of course, had accepted. You danced the night away, staring into his eyes. Just wondering where he had been your whole life.

That was until he never called on you and never made effort to see you in any romantic way, so you decided that it was not meant to be and that would be it.

Forgetting, quite aptly, that your sister's debut was the season after yours, meaning you would be out in society again and must face him. How could a man you danced with once have such an impact on your emotions?

You were chatting away with your Mama and Sister when you heard a familiar voice, "Miss Y/L/N, what a pleasure to make your acquittance."

Turning around to face him, it was him, the man you were too scared to see again. However, he wasn't talking to you, he was talking to your sister. It shouldn't have bothered you so much, I mean you were no more than one dance to him, and he had danced with many eligible women in his time. Your sister was just another one to add to the list and his very own Mama probably pestered him to come over.

If Benedict had remembered you, he made no way of showing it. You were simply that unremarkable. You knew you weren't the beauty between you and your sister. Your sister was slim and small. That was something you did not possess. Her personality was positively unmatched. She would make a man very happy one day, and you had no doubt she would be married this season.

Watching the pair of them from a distance made you feel conflicted. You should've been happy for your sister but all you could feel was jealously surging through your veins. It wasn't your sister's fault, of course. She was playing her part beautifully but Mr Bridgerton, he truly was someone who irked you to no end now you thought about it.

"I'm sorry to interrupt what seems like the greatest daydream, Miss Y/L/N but could I possibly ask for a dance?" You looked up almost bashfully to see another one of the Bridgerton men. This one positively younger than the others, you figured this was Colin Bridgerton.

You took his hand with a smile, "Thank you for saving me from that daydream. I feel if I stayed there, I wouldn't have moved all night." He took your waist carefully, as you put one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hand.

"I hear this is your second season, Miss."

"Please do not remind me, my Mama is positively shaken." You joke which earns a big smile from Colin. You assumed that Colin felt much the same as you. However, being the third sibling, he had more rest bite than you.

"I like you an awful lot." He replied, as he swung you around the dancefloor, but you stopped to watch the other Mr Bridgerton and your sister dance. Colin followed your eyes, "Someone else has caught your eye, I see?" He said cheekily.

Catching you off guard, "Oh no! No! That is my sister dancing with your brother, I presume."

"Oh gosh, what gave me away?"

"The way you all look the same." You smiled.

"A compliment I am sure, Miss Y/L/N?" He quipped. The dance had come to an end as you looked at Colin Bridgerton. He was handsome for sure, as were all the Bridgerton's but he wasn't the Bridgerton you wanted.

"I would never offend." You bowed your head and walked over to your sister who was beaming. It made you happy, sad, confused and frustrated.

It had been two months since your sister debut, and she was courting Benedict Bridgerton. He had made the effort this time to call on her, send her flowers and promenade around Hyde Park. It was then you realised, something was amiss with you. You felt childish with the way you felt about the whole situation.