Chapter 24 Relapse

No one's POV

Zero began to open his eyes, with them being extremely blurred, as well as his ears ringing from the explosion of the land mines.

Zero: Ugh... Fuck...

Zero looked over and saw One unconscious near the warthog along with with Wash, but suddenly he heard the sound of a gun being aimed at him.

???: I don't want to hurt you, or your sister, Zero. Just tell me what I need to know.

Zero's eyes widened, as be looked back and saw Tex aiming her gun at him.

Zero: Tex?! How did you-

Tex: Don't sound so disappointed

Tex: Don't sound so disappointed. You'll make me cry. Where's the Director?

Tex's message: That isn't me!

Zero: Wait, what?

Other Tex: The Directer! Where is he?

Tex's message: Just play along. I think I have an idea of what's going on.

Zero: The Director? How would I know that?

Other Tex: Don't play dumb with me. You and One stayed back in Freelancer to keep taps on him. You should know where he is?

Zero: Tex, Freelancer is done for. We already took it down. I heard rumors that he was arrested, but you and I both know that he wouldn't go quietly. He could be anywhere.

Other Tex looked at Zero surprised.

Other Tex: Then what the hell are you all doing then?

Zero stood up and faced off with Tex.

Zero: We're here for Epsilon, for Church.

Other Tex: And why is that?

Zero: Because taking down Freelancer cost us our freedom, bringing in Epsilon, Church is our ticket out of this.

Other Tex then aimed her rifle at Zero again.

Other Tex: You know I can't let you do that.

Zero: Yeah... I know.

Without warning, Zero lunged towards Tex, who fired her rifle at him, only to dodge her shots, and kicked her back.