Chapter 79 Red Thread

No one's POV

At at the Island Fortress with Zero, One and Washington, they were still staring in disbelief at the Fortress, as Recovery Command is still on the Radio and is yelling at them.

Command: Zero, One? Wash? Are you guys still there?!

Zero: Uh yeah-we're here-we're here.

Command: (sigh of relief) Good. I thought maybe We've lost you guys too...

Washington: Huh?

Command: Never mind. What's your status please-

One: Ash, is that really you?

Command: (Silence) What did you just call me?

One: S-sorry. Four Seven Niner, I mean Command.

Command: (impatiently) What is your status?

Washington: We're uh, engaging hostiles, going radio silent.

Command: Negative, you're not allowed-

Everyone cuts off Radio.

Washington: Okay, we're here. Now we gotta get to get to Blood Gulch.

One: Now the question is, is this before or after he-

Suddenly, Plasma Grenade flies onto the nearby Warthog and then sticks to it before blowing it up.

Zero: ...-_-...Well, that answered that question...

Everyone looked up and saw Wyoming.

Wyoming: Ah, my dear Zero, One and Washington

Wyoming: Ah, my dear Zero, One and Washington... and here I thought you'd come for the Delta AI.

Washington: Hello. Wyoming. I don't suppose you'd happen to have a second Warthog lying around?

Wyoming: Hmm, but now that I know you intend to arrive in Blood Gulch, I'm afraid I can't let you leave. You see, I also have business to attend to... in that particular-

Zero: Wait, shit...

One: What is it?

Wyoming: (clears throat) Are you listening to-

Zero: I just realized the moment we rescue the Reds and Blues, Genkins will know what we're up to. He'll know we're a threat and stick to Carolina like flypaper.

Washington: Shit, that's right!

Wyoming: Who in the bollocks is Genkins?!

Zero: Do you, have any idea where Carolina is?

One: You never asked her that?

Zero: ...-_-...Well excuse me if the topic never came up a conversation...

Wyoming: I- what? She's dead! What does that have to do with any-

Zero: She's isn't dead, she's in hiding. Maine threw her off a cliff and she laid low for years until she found us, and I just don't know where.